How can I spread the word about GottaDeal?

Brad

There are many ways that you can help us spread the word about GottaDeal and let others know that we have the best Black Friday site around.

Some ideas:

1. Contact your local media. Tell them a little bit about the site, tell them how much you like it and that you think it would be a good subject for a story. You can send them to our Press Room page which has links for them to contact us to set up an interview or to get access to more background information.

2. Post about the site being open on other web sites and message boards that you belong to. Be sure that this would not be considered spamming before you do it, but if you know it's OK to do so, that can help us a lot. We've already seen a few of you posting about it elsewhere, and that has helped us continue to bring in the new members.

3. Tell people you know. Word of mouth is also a good way to help out. Tell your friends, family, co-workers, etc. If you have your own web site, feel free to post a link on it.

Also, keep in mind that you can earn GottaPoints for referring people to the forum and getting them to register. To get your personalized referral link, go to your User Control Panel and your referral link will be displayed for you to copy and paste elsewhere.

If you have any questions, or have other suggestions for ways to promote the site, please reply to this thread.

Please keep all replies directly related to this topic. Off-topic replies will be deleted.

Also, order a shirt and wear it often! I bought mine and a lot of people have asked me about it. I actually thought about putting my name on here so people know to put me as a referrel. LOL. Wonder if people who asked about my shirt registered here. I know at least 10 have asked me to explain the web site.

Your best bet is to get a forwarding URL, putting that on your shirt, and forwarding to the URL that includes your referral ID.

I can assure you that no one is going to bother to write down or memorize your referral ID, particularly when it's obvious that it's a referral ID. Keep it simple for shirts. Something like . . . oh, I don't know . . . http://gottadeal.smarmycarny.com/

You might want to also come up with a URL specifically for your BF pages if you have your own site, like http://blackfriday.smarmycarny.com/

I keep thinking I'll add the GottaDeal url with my referrer ID on to the back of my t-shirts. But, I'm not sure how to go about adding it without making it look cheesy.

Good news: That's easy to do and I can help you register a domain and forward it to your referral ID.

Bad news: Having one t-shirt printed with your URL won't be cheap.

I keep thinking I'll add the GottaDeal url with my referrer ID on to the back of my t-shirts. But, I'm not sure how to go about adding it without making it look cheesy.

You could get some iron on transfer paper, print at home and put it on yourself. Or get an official Tshirt and get some Vistaprint free business cards to pass out with your referrer ID on it. ;)

This way people won't have to hunt for pen and paper when they want to write it down.

You could get some iron on transfer paper, print at home and put it on yourself.

This is what I was thinking of adding to the back of my two gottadeal.com shirts. I hvae one of each, the old and the new style. But, I am just not crafty, and am still worried it will look cheesy if i do it myself, kwim?

Or get an official Tshirt and get some Vistaprint free business cards to pass out with your referrer ID on it. ;)

This way people won't have to hunt for pen and paper when they want to write it down.

Ooo, now this is good! :gdyes:

This is what I was thinking of adding to the back of my two gottadeal.com shirts. I hvae one of each, the old and the new style. But, I am just not crafty, and am still worried it will look cheesy if i do it myself, kwim?

Ooo, now this is good! :gdyes:

Of course, if you want to "spread the word" before, get them printed now and pass them out whenever you go shopping, i.e. Supermarket: hand one to cashier with coupons. Target end of isle shoppers+meet others+hand out card during conversation about bargains ;)

Not sure how many memebers we have, but imagine, ie. 1000 members x 100 cards passed out before BF. HMMM, sounds good to me..

Okay, the business card idea is great. Doesn't Vistaprint still have that business card freebie (just for s&h)??

I've never seen them not have an offer like that. And yes, that's a double-negative, so they should have it. :jester:

• 2 weeks later...

I just emailed this to all of the DFW area tv stations. Maybe it'll get GD some airtime;)

http://www.gottadeal.com/

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/

Get Notified of Elmo T.M.X. Ordering Opportunities at TMXTracker.com

Posted 10/12/2006 @ 2:40 am ET in Toys | No Comments | E-Mail Deal | Link to Deal

The new Elmo T.M.X. is the hottest toy this holiday season. We've set up a dedicated site for this toy - check out TMXTracker.com which is updated every minute. See the current available buying opportunies, or sign up to be notified via e-mail.

» Discuss this deal in our forums

If you are a member of the media interested in doing a story on Black Friday or online shopping in general, we have a wealth of information available for you to use. In order to access this information, please contact us letting us know which media organization you are representing and we'll give you access to the following information:

Site Features: Complete descriptions of each individual part of the Black Friday site and how consumers can take advantage of them when planning their Black Friday shopping.

Frequently Asked Questions: We have done many interviews over the years and have compiled answers to some of the most frequently asked questions from media members.

Background Information: Information about the history and origin of the site, relationship between the Black Friday site and the main GottaDeal.com web site, traffic statistics and much more.

Exclusive Poll Results: Complete results from many of the polls taken by our message board members over the past few years reflecting their shopping habits, Black Friday traditions, and much more.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...