Best Buy 'ticket' item policy?

NeepNeep

In 2005, the BB where we were in line limited the quantity of 'ticket' items you could get to 'one ticket per person'. So, if you were there by yourself, at the front of the line, but wanted the laptop and the desktop, or the desktop and the plasma TV, you couldn't get both. I know the BB ad itself limits many of the individual doorbuster items to one per household/customer, so a single person couldn't get 2 laptops or 2 desktops. Wondering if this 'one ticket only' deal was a store specific or area specific policy, or did other BB's across the country have this 'one ticket item per person' policy?

I've been to several BBs over the years, and have never been denied a ticket for any item no matter the other tickets/items I already had in hand. It's one ticket per item per person for the doorbusters, but I've always been able to acquire a ticket for any item I've wanted......TV, laptop, desktop, whatever. I think your experience you had, OP, was unique to your store.

Called my local BB (Southgate Mi) and they said one big ticket item per person so if I wanted a laptop AND a tv I could only get one or the other. Hummmm I am getting really miffed that my hubby is working 12 hours a day starting just before thanksgiving and won't be able to help me out this year!

Tina

In 2005, the BB where we were in line limited the quantity of 'ticket' items you could get to 'one ticket per person'. So, if you were there by yourself, at the front of the line, but wanted the laptop and the desktop, or the desktop and the plasma TV, you couldn't get both. I know the BB ad itself limits many of the individual doorbuster items to one per household/customer, so a single person couldn't get 2 laptops or 2 desktops. Wondering if this 'one ticket only' deal was a store specific or area specific policy, or did other BB's across the country have this 'one ticket item per person' policy?

We went to the BestBuy in Durham,NC and they did the "ticket" thing... a BB employee came out with ticket for item "A" and started at the front of the line asking each person if they wanted item "A" - they continued until they ran out of tickets. They proceeded to do this for VERY limited item they had.

We were told that you only had until 10am to pick up the 'ticket" items and if you did not pick it up by 10am it would be released to the general public. We got our tickets and went to breakfast!!! Came back about 9am when the lines were lower, picked up out items and went home!! Worked GREAT!!!!!

The problem I had last year with the Ticket thing at Best Buy was people having spots saved for them all night.

Best buy came out and gave a warning that they would be passing tickets out in X amount of time, which gave people enough time to call others to come out and stand in line and steal tickets. Pretty damn annoying. Complained about that, so hopefully they'll just pop out at some point and hand the tickets out.

Though, I will be shopping in a much better area this year anyway, so one hopes it won't be such an issue.

The problem I had last year with the Ticket thing at Best Buy was people having spots saved for them all night.

Best buy came out and gave a warning that they would be passing tickets out in X amount of time, which gave people enough time to call others to come out and stand in line and steal tickets. Pretty damn annoying. Complained about that, so hopefully they'll just pop out at some point and hand the tickets out.

Though, I will be shopping in a much better area this year anyway, so one hopes it won't be such an issue.

I have noticed that almost every year at my BB also, very, very frustrating! :mad:

Where do we sign up to have our kid rented?

I have 2 rentable kids.

My 16 yr old daughter is very strong. She took weight lifting and can bench squat 250lbs. :lmao: So she can be a big help carrying stuff and loading the car too. She can also help hold back the crowd while you get your big ticket items. :sidesplit

As for my son, he hates to shop unless you are buying him something then he's all for it. :lmao:

I had that problem last year but this year I will be taking a digital camera with me and will take pictures of the people in front (if any) and in back of me (when they arrive) so if that happens I can tell the manager what is going on and will have proof.

I had that problem last year but this year I will be taking a digital camera with me and will take pictures of the people in front (if any) and in back of me (when they arrive) so if that happens I can tell the manager what is going on and will have proof.

Ahhh.. intersting idea. I'll have to do that myself. Luckily, this year should be a lot kinder.

Last year, I went to the Best Buy in Bakersfield, CA which serves probably around 400,000 people all told. Why Bakesfield only has one BB, I have no idea.

The market (Central Coast) I am shopping in this year has two Best Buys for about 120,000-150,000 people.