What sales does Macy's run for BF and/or throughout the holidays?

mitchandalisha

I have no clue if this is the correct place to post this, so please move if needed.

I have a Macy's located near me for the first time this year since Macy's opened so many new stores. I am wondering what Macy's does for BF and/or throughout the holidays as in sales and stuff because I would like to know before I begin my shopping!

Any ideas of what they do would help!!!

Seems like Macy's is taking over!

Our L.S. Ayres store just became a Macy's - I was in for the first time yesterday and other than some new department signs hung from the ceiling it looks exactly the same inside.

Our Marshall Fields was purchased by Macy's too - but it's still standing empty and closed.

I usually avoid the mall on Black Friday - but I never say never! :cheesy:

I always hit Macy's on Black Friday. Like vonnyb said, there are coupons in the paper plus they have door busters. The best part for me is that the clearance is usually an additional percentage off - maybe 50%. Combine the coupons with the additional off clearance and you've got some great deals. I hope it stays the same with so many stores converting to Macy's.

The presents under our tree are always clothes so I go to Macy's, Belk, Parisian, stores like that for the clearance deals and the coupons. Santa brings the good stuff! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Carson's here in Chicago, gave out $10 off any purchase. But there are some restrictions.

Marshall Field's, now Macy's, gave out cards. You have to bring it to the cashier and they'll scan it to see how much the card is worth. I think the min. was $10.

They also give an extra amount off if you're one of the early bird customers. "Take an additional blah, blah, blah off housewares," for example. They do a lot of BF ads on Thanksgiving, especially during the airing of the parade. The thing about Macy's, though, is they always have sales. They never stop. They're having a Columbus Day sale right now.

I do a lot of shopping at Macy's. I know I was able to get a silver bracelet with a heart charm that had a little diamond chip in it for $20 (originally $60 I think), and purse for my sister-in-law and luggage for my parents. If you have the credit card, you can get an extra 10 or 15% off too, which is pretty great. I think they had some kind of special going on too, like "scratch off the box for an extra discount" card or something.

• 3 weeks later...
The Kaufman's in Erie just became a Macy's and they gave $10 gift card to the 1st 500. Maybe something similar? I too, have the Macy's card and just received a few coupons in the mail. Maybe there will be special coupons for BF!

Macy's I think- usually runs a great whites sale before turkey day- so I have heard, I need a new down comforter so I am keeping my eyes peeled. The new macys in our mail has 3 outer entrances so I don't need to venture into the mall itself if I am not inclined- the parking, now that could be an issue.

Macy's ran MANY 10 off 25 coupons in the local papers last year between Christmas and New Years. Combine that with additional off clearance and wee filled our closets for next to nothing. We were buying the layered tees (t shirt with long sleeves underneath popular with the boys right now), 4 for 15.00 after coupon and discount. Much cheaper than even Wal Mart. Most of these ads were only good on Tues and Wed only, so check your paper daily.

The Kaufman's in Erie just became a Macy's and they gave $10 gift card to the 1st 500. Maybe something similar? I too, have the Macy's card and just received a few coupons in the mail. Maybe there will be special coupons for BF!

They just did mystery cards this week (expired today) with discounts from $10 to $1000 or so. They gave out gift cards last year in Columbus, Ohio too.

In the past they have had little electronics deals like 7" portable dvd players for $99.00 (when they were much higher) and they had the folding/rolling garment bags for around $19.99. In fact, this was two years ago because my wife and I missed them last year. We had to make the rounds to Kohl's, Home Depot, Meijer's, Target, and Lowe's last year. Columbus has all the shopping places near each other. Of course, it is the location of the very first shopping center in the U.S. At least that is what they told me when I moved here!

Every year, I buy a bunch of newpapers because they always have coupons for $10.00. There are some exclusions and your purchase must total $10.00 or more. When you combine these with sales you can leave the store with a bunch of stuff paying little or nothing for your purchases. The only thing that can be a pain is that most cashiers will only accept 1 coupon per person, so you will have to get back in line for each purchase unless you find a really nice one like I did last year. Happy shopping!!

The $10 off coupons are in the Thanksgiving day paper and they are only good until noon on Black Friday - but also good until noon on Saturday. It is only one per customer, but you can go to different departments or get in line again.

I have never shopped Macy's on BF,because we just got a Macy's around here a couple months back, But I have shopped MAcy's numerous time elsewheres and I just love their clearence deals.....They like to slash prices and get rid of things. (unlike some stores that hold their clearence items for months and months.....*whispers wal-mart)