iRobot Roomba Intelligent Floorvac Robotic Vacuum

CG480

I have one, but it is red. I don't know anything specific about it though. I LOVE IT!!!! I have hardwood floors, linolium (?), and berber carpet. It works great throughout the home and i just love it. I let it clean a different room each night and let it go while I'm cleaning the rest of the house. Bad things: It takes a long time to charge and mine needs to be charged each night. The dog hates it too and barks at it the entire time. Also, it is a little loud and that bothers me. But, I'm really glad that I bought it and it works for me!

My mom just had open heart surgery and I was thinking about getting one of these for her for Christmas to help with the general "tidiness" of the house. Her house is mostly carpet (standard nap, not Berber) and she has 2 cats....any advice would be much appreciated here, as well.

The Roomba was created several years ago and was ridden with problems back then, but they've continued to roll out new versions that improve the quality and power of the vacuums. I got the Roomba Scheduler for my mom last Christmas. It was fairly new back then and continues to be the top-end model of Roombas. It cleans my parents' floors very nicely, and they can schedule it to run every day in the middle of the night. So no manual vacuuming required, and they don't even have to worry about it getting in the way while they're in the house (since they're asleep). My mom has a bad leg and my dad works all day, so it gives them great peace of mind, and their floors always look great. There's no waiting until it looks really bad. It just runs every day and still works fantastically.

You can purchase a Scheduler attachment for most of the current generation Roombas as well, so you don't have to shell out the $300 for the specific Roomba Scheduler vacuum.

My cats would be petrified of it. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sorry%20Help/hide.gif

Mine too.

I have a friend that has one and they love it. They have 2 dogs, so they still do a manual vacuum every couple of weeks or so.

We dont own one but my hubby's father brought his down to show it off.. he left it here while he was on vacation so we've been using it. Now first I'll say its great for the most part! It doesnt do deep cleaning but it does grab almost everythign on top. My one big gripe i guess if it sees black it wont go on that color or something? So my big huge rug i have has alot of black in it so it wont do that. We have a smaller rug by our front door that has little tassles that it gets stuck on so we have to put that up (grrr it accumulates alot of dirt too!! need to buy another rug I guess). We have a set of glass sliding doors and this roomba gets stuck on the track of it constantly. That sliding door actually has 3 doors/parts that slide. So the track is fatter I suppose We have 2 other sets of sliding glass doors with just 2 doors/parts and I dont think it got stuck on any of those. But I'm sure i could put a piece of wood or something on the where it gets stuck so it wont do that no more. Now as far as cleaning. It looks like you have to clean it frequently. (I havent done it myself personally) Hubby has. He say's it's not too bad but i think if you had to do it every couple days that it would get old. But we're seriously thinking of buying one of our own. It sure beats having to drag our noisey vacuum out and physically doing it myself. And I know this Roomba will be used way alot more than our regular vacuum would.

The reason I asked is that at work we have the opportunity to buy these at a discounted price to sell or give away with the purchase of like a house full of carpet. And had not heard anything about this product, but I think it might be a good promo!

Thanks. I think I will get me one!

We dont own one but my hubby's father brought his down to show it off.. he left it here while he was on vacation so we've been using it. Now first I'll say its great for the most part! It doesnt do deep cleaning but it does grab almost everythign on top. My one big gripe i guess if it sees black it wont go on that color or something? So my big huge rug i have has alot of black in it so it wont do that. We have a smaller rug by our front door that has little tassles that it gets stuck on so we have to put that up (grrr it accumulates alot of dirt too!! need to buy another rug I guess). We have a set of glass sliding doors and this roomba gets stuck on the track of it constantly. That sliding door actually has 3 doors/parts that slide. So the track is fatter I suppose We have 2 other sets of sliding glass doors with just 2 doors/parts and I dont think it got stuck on any of those. But I'm sure i could put a piece of wood or something on the where it gets stuck so it wont do that no more. Now as far as cleaning. It looks like you have to clean it frequently. (I havent done it myself personally) Hubby has. He say's it's not too bad but i think if you had to do it every couple days that it would get old. But we're seriously thinking of buying one of our own. It sure beats having to drag our noisey vacuum out and physically doing it myself. And I know this Roomba will be used way alot more than our regular vacuum would.

Don't buy a new rug, cut the tassles off.