Post Gift Ideas & Win Black Friday T-Shirts or an Amazon Gift Card [Contest Ends 10/27]

Brad

20231111053159x250x161.jpg

Time for another contest! With this contest you can enter up to 10 times and because we're also giving away a gift card you can enter even if you've already won a shirt this year - see below for details.

To be entered to win, reply to this thread with a link to something on Amazon that you think would make a unique gift idea and post a sentence or two about what it is and what kind of person you think it would appeal to. For gift ideas, check out Amazon's Holiday Gift Guide hub.

The contest will run through Sunday, October 27th at 11:59pm CST. At that point I'll randomly pick 1 winner that will receive a $25 Amazon gift card and 5 winners that will each get one of our limited edition Black Friday t-shirts.

Important! You can post to enter the contest once per day (each day ends at midnight CST) for up to 10 total entries. However to make things easier when picking winners, please do not post in the thread more than once per day. You can edit and add additional items to your original post for that day if you'd like to post additional gift ideas.

Good luck!

And in case you didn't see it, here is this year's shirt design:

2024bfshirt.png

The Uzzle, a family puzzle game where you race to be first to match the cards.

Great for young and old families alike, or just a group of friends looking for an alternative to knowledge-based trivia games.  No reading skills or electronics needed to have a great time.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/TheUzzle/TheUzzleOriginal/page/C913AFE2-EA3C-48D2-98F0-33D3B67F41BB?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_plhdr=t&ref_=cm_sw_r_ud_ast_store_CP11XZY4TYNX9RMB0VK2&qid=1729263621&lp_asins=B0BFP4VZCP&pd_rd_w=pDkrM&content-id=amzn1.sym.8591358d-1345-4efd-9d50-5bd4e69cd942%3Aamzn1.sym.8591358d-1345-4efd-9d50-5bd4e69cd942&pf_rd_p=8591358d-1345-4efd-9d50-5bd4e69cd942&pf_rd_r=P5B43N1PKEZ977CZD8V9&pd_rd_wg=Q5HuS&pd_rd_r=088a0bdf-73ee-4be6-bc7c-028ccbdd414b

71SaknlttBL._AC_CR0%2C0%2C0%2C0_SX480_SY360_.jpg

Edited by AuntieJul
  • Like 2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RGWQ54?

I love to keep my butter sitting out on the counter or table and think this butter crock is cute... of course there are cheaper options, but this is more for someone who is a collector of this brand (obsessed almost, lol) and would appreciate an addition to their collection... because why else would you pay over $40 for a butter crock 😂

As a raised bed gardener, I have two ollas in each of my 3’x6’ beds. This was my first year using them, and other than hand watering every other week with water soluble fertilizer, I did not water my garden at all, other than refilling the ollas.

During the height of summer, I did refill them every two to three days, but the soil remained evenly moist and all of my plants, i.e., tomatoes, herbs, salad greens, root vegetables, and corn thrived. I’m definitely sticking with this method of watering!

I used four ollas I made myself, each consisting of two 7” terra cotta pots inverted and gorilla glued together. The hole in the bottom pot was plugged and covered with more gorilla glue to prevent the water from pouring straight through, and the top had a 4” terra cotta pot gorilla glued with the holes aligning to use as a fill spout. A standard tray for a 4” pot went on top to keep debris, slugs, and snails out.

038E4242-F063-4FF3-A7F5-8C7908603896.thumb.jpeg.68ad51b70e70f959927d6abd8914671e.jpeg

The homemade ollas curing.

63F28565-E9EE-4FFE-8B90-56102F858ECB.thumb.jpeg.65a2e9091eed10852cc1ea282339832d.jpeg

Here’s how two of them looked when first installed in the raised bed.3EFD2A58-0215-49C9-A7FF-8638347EB727.thumb.jpeg.d5e138ed8ab5a551710f6d7c4a33311f.jpeg

During the height of season. As you can see, I was able to plant quite a bit around the ollas, and the plants seriously thrived.

The homemade ollas cost me about $10/each, about a quarter the cost of this one on Amazon. A lid for it will need to be acquired as well. However, this is a solid piece, which if gently treated should last quite a few seasons. I suspect my homemade versions may need replacing every other year or so, we shall see.

For those gardeners who don’t want to make their own ollas, this looks like a very good investment.

1.25 gallon terra cotta olla

CE8B634D-1067-4470-82BF-CC7180AD56BC.thumb.jpeg.70c674ffe5ad0140950188ad9e87becc.jpeg

Amazon.com : meater thermometer wireless

I have always used a thermometer to gauge the doneness of my proteins, but my life changed when I started using wireless thermometers and I think that Meater is the best of the best.  Once I stick the probe in my protein, I launch the app and choose the parameters of my meal.  Meater keeps an eye on my food, letting me know when to rest and serve and how long until dinner is done.  I highly recommend this kitchen tool.

• Like 1

So, when my now college junior was home over the summer, we found out he has absolutely no idea how to use the stove. He is an Eagle Scout, so he had to earn a cooking badge, but somehow this kid couldn't cook anything without using an air fryer or microwave. I haven't done him any favors in that regard, apparently. So, I've already gotten this for him, as well as a couple of others, to help him, as it won't be long before he truly needs to fend for himself. Plus, it has some nice meals that he could even make for his girlfriend. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1639384545?ref=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_ZETQN7KHKDKKETVPV3S4&ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_ZETQN7KHKDKKETVPV3S4&social_share=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_ZETQN7KHKDKKETVPV3S4&starsLeft=1&skipTwisterOG=1

Amazon.com: Elite Gourmet ETO-4510M French Door 47.5Qt, 18-Slice Convection Oven 4-Control Knobs, Bake Broil Toast Rotisserie Keep Warm, Includes 2 x 14" Pizza Racks, Stainless Steel : Everything Else

This is not for everyone, but, for the right person, this is perfect.  I'm the right person.

This is a very large toaster oven/convection oven with rotisserie.  You can easily roast a six-pound bird on the spit.  What I like, though is that the controls are analog.  The top knob controls the temp of the top heater.  The second controls special effects (fans).  The third controls the temp of the bottom heater.  The fourth is a timer.  When the timer is counting down a very bright LED lights the interior.  You have very precise control of the oven.  You can cook the crust of a pizza without burning the toppings.  You can bake a meatloaf on the bottom shelf while roasting vegetables up top.

What's not to like?  You have to cook.  There are no presets.  You need to use a thermometer to preheat the oven.  On the other hand, the controls are persistent.  Most of the time, I leave the oven set to 350 with the fans off and simply spin the timer.  The timer is only to 60 minutes, so you may need to set an external timer and spin the dial a couple times during a long cook (ribs).

Like I said, it's not for everyone, but I love it.

• Like 2

love this fan!

Woozoo oscillating circulating fan

Apparently this is now an older model, with a newer version available, but I can only attest to this model. It circulates the air in my bedroom efficiently and quietly. The light panel is a bit bright at night, but it doesn’t disturb me and is nice as a moving night light for those middle of the night needs.

I did get mine at Costco several years ago, but if I’m recalling correctly, the price was pretty similar.

08880B20-9C62-4702-9F44-C612708413BD.thumb.jpeg.d7cdd00183e3c335433b53bb11c0c46b.jpeg

Edited by Gator Pam
Used incorrect word in hyperlink