Christmas Decorations

Kanyon71

I'm not done yet (looking forward to the expected warmup tomorrow here in SE MI) but I have my new inflatable Rudolph up in my front yard, along with my Peanuts ice skating path lights along my sidewalk. Still have multiple outdoor items to go up (wreaths/ribbon/lights) and need to get my tree and Christmas window clings up inside. Will post pics of my progress tomorrow 🙂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wittenlover said:

As promised… Just my tree to go as far as decorations to go up. Maybe some lights around the front windows inside… Otherwise, pretty happy with how this turned out for my first Christmas in my house. 😊👍

IMG_5616.jpeg

IMG_5619.jpeg

Very nice. Next year I’m expecting you to be competing with the Griswald’s. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, wittenlover said:

Tree’s up! Will decorate it either later tonight or tomorrow. 😊👍🎄

IMG_5623.jpeg

Very nice. We have 3 tress right now (well 5 but two are tiny and in bedrooms). Inside is mostly decorated. We just about finished it today so tomorrow will be outside. I just the coach lights red and green and the big outdoor ribbons on the 3 garage ones. Tomorrow I need to get all the lights out and the inflatables all up. 

I do t have any pictures yet. Outside is mostly done though. We need a couple more sets of net lights, something to go on the porch (would like to find some of those holiday light posts but they are so expensive) and one more inflatable (wife loves those things).  I also would like to find a few big outdoor wreaths to put around the lights on the garage but bows may just do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kanyon71 said:

I do t have any pictures yet. Outside is mostly done though. We need a couple more sets of net lights, something to go on the porch (would like to find some of those holiday light posts but they are so expensive) and one more inflatable (wife loves those things).  I also would like to find a few big outdoor wreaths to put around the lights on the garage but bows may just do. 

Sounds amazing, can't wait to see it!

My friends have FOUR 20ft tall inflatables in their yard this year.  They get a lot of attention for sure!

11 hours ago, bluebear said:

Sounds amazing, can't wait to see it!

My friends have FOUR 20ft tall inflatables in their yard this year.  They get a lot of attention for sure!

Wow ya I can imagine. There is a couple houses a few streets from my daughters school who go all out. We always go watch their shows a few times a season. 

I shared by bathroom in this thread: 

Here is the rest of the living room/kitchen

image.thumb.jpeg.3d0e92472af933d7f57a0c96fe54fa5e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2b1eb9a501588e018c1c825557d38357.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.01d3d4f29827a67a41b24cc4414e4b50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a9db7d1f47e8813b93190d62a0248536.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.831d65efbabcac169b0e832e509cf218.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dcdecf4ae4713f00cd65ad7e356cf437.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4d213d626a4d81476f0ffcf83eb0879e.jpeg

Got a new tree for the living room this year, but I still love my old tree, so I put it up in my office:

image.thumb.jpeg.1e4d3bda96034f9618d7114d0f2a66db.jpeg

I don't do much outside, but I did a little on the porch. And this Santa Claus, my mama made when I first bought my home almost 25 years ago. He's long since lost the metal pole that stands him in the yard, but he still looks good for his age 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.85107399b21066c1550c68c2c7122d47.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.686fb7d73a5ef175a732323fff69b060.jpeg

Edited by Bopeep
resized photos
  • Love 6

14 hours ago, rwking75 said:

Here is our "Grinchmas Tree" and as I posted on a previous thread, my Lego Xmas decor

So, this is probably a dumb question. Do you rebuild your Lego pieces every year? Or did you do them once and then put them away completed?

2 hours ago, Bopeep said:

So, this is probably a dumb question. Do you rebuild your Lego pieces every year? Or did you do them once and then put them away completed?

I wrap mine up in paper and put away in the boxes.   Usually there are a couple small repairs that need to be done, but nothing major. 

• Like 1

For the Home Alone house, we separate the levels into large storage bags. There are 5 separate sections which includes the "basement/Kitchen" that's in the back of the house and the Treehouse and Van. There is always some breakage but usually easy to fix. 

The Xmas Tree easily comes apart in 2 pieces. Most of the brickheads stay in 1 piece. The "Santa's Visit" blue house is new to us this year and it is NOT in sections. This will be a challenge to store without it being a total disaster next Xmas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rwking75 said:

The "Santa's Visit" blue house is new to us this year and it is NOT in sections. This will be a challenge to store without it being a total disaster next Xmas. 

I wrapped the Santa House in several layers of paper and taped it tightly.  I removed the tree and maybe the top of the chimney.   I then set it inside a box, and put that in a tote.  It is very oddly shaped, so it's a challenge for sure.   The only thing I think I had to repair was the center floor and dining table section.  Just snapped right back.