Walmart reveals Black Friday plans

Brad

Press release:https://corporate.walmart.com/news/2023/11/01/walmarts-black-friday-deals-are-back-with-major-savings-and-early-access-shopping-for-walmart-plus-members

2 sales instead of 3 this year. Walmart+ members get 3 hours early access.

Initial deal preview for the first sale is up (with more deals being previewed on the 6th):

https://www.walmart.com/shop/deals/black-friday

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I wished they would go ahead and release both ads at once so we can go over our options. I'll probably shop online this year with Walmart than hit up Black Friday in store for extras. I hope the rest of the ad coming out on 11/6 has more stuff than clothes. 

• Like 1

I like that they are only doing 2 sales this year, and that this first one doesn't seem to have all the regular WM BF items. I'm hoping that means their Thanksgiving week sale will be the bigger one, which just feels more like a Black Friday sale to me :).

Also, a couple of my girls that go shopping with us don't do the online shopping thing as much. So, I feel like they will have more of a chance to get the deals on Black Friday, if they didn't go on sale 3 weeks earlier.

Just now, wittenlover said:

Do we think BB (or others) will match that Apple Watch 9 price? (I'm looking at the smaller face that WM shows will be $349 on 11/8.)

I'm sure at least a few people will have deals on them. I usually end up going Target and get the gift cards they give with theirs lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kanyon71 said:

I'm sure at least a few people will have deals on them. I usually end up going Target and get the gift cards they give with theirs lol

2 minutes ago, wittenlover said:

Do we think BB (or others) will match that Apple Watch 9 price? (I'm looking at the smaller face that WM shows will be $349 on 11/8.)

Yeah, the way I understand it, Apple sets their prices and any store that sells their products has to adhere to those prices. BUT, the stores can throw extras in with them to compete and make them a deal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 12:38 AM, Brad said:

Press release:https://corporate.walmart.com/news/2023/11/01/walmarts-black-friday-deals-are-back-with-major-savings-and-early-access-shopping-for-walmart-plus-members

2 sales instead of 3 this year. Walmart+ members get 3 hours early access.

Initial deal preview for the first sale is up (with more deals being previewed on the 6th):

https://www.walmart.com/shop/deals/black-friday

Thoughts?

What is your best guess on Event 2 reveal date? Thanks

I am confused.  The Walmart ad is totally different than other years.  

I was hoping for the Iphone deal bundles with gift cards.  There are none noted and best I can tell the discount on the phones is something you can receive now as well.  Anyone else have thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, zip2play said:

I was hoping for the Iphone deal bundles with gift cards.  There are none noted and best I can tell the discount on the phones is something you can receive now as well.  Anyone else have thoughts on this?

There will be more deals released for preview on the 20th, maybe they are just holding on to them for now?

2 hours ago, zip2play said:

I was as well. I either was going to open new lines for my younger 2 to get gift cards or get them an iPhone through Straight Talk (figured they would have the iPhone 12 for $199) but I don't see anything. Maybe it will show on the 20th. If not then I am just going to go through Verizon and get them free iPhone 4 Pro Max's but still sucks about the gift cards. 

I did Find the eGift card details for Walmart Iphone and Samsung purchases available.

In addition to a eGift card in Iphone 15 Pro max and 15 Pro you can get UP TO $1,000 in bill credits with a smartphone trade in valued at $230 or higher, You get $830 in Bill credits for trad in valued at 130-229 and $350 in bill credits with trade in value of $35-129

The eGift card amounts for Iphone:

15 Pro / Pro Max is $300 (plus the account credit depending on your smartphone you are trading in), 

15 Plus is $300

15 Base $300

Then for older model Iphones , there is not account credits, BUT they are offering the following eGift Cards with purchase:

14 $350

14 Pro $400

14 Pro max $400

14 Plus $500

Samsung Galaxy S23 $500

Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus $500

Hope this helps anyone trying to SHOP!

On 11/16/2023 at 10:02 AM, zip2play said:

I did Find the eGift card details for Walmart Iphone and Samsung purchases available.

In addition to a eGift card in Iphone 15 Pro max and 15 Pro you can get UP TO $1,000 in bill credits with a smartphone trade in valued at $230 or higher, You get $830 in Bill credits for trad in valued at 130-229 and $350 in bill credits with trade in value of $35-129

The eGift card amounts for Iphone:

15 Pro / Pro Max is $300 (plus the account credit depending on your smartphone you are trading in), 

15 Plus is $300

15 Base $300

Then for older model Iphones , there is not account credits, BUT they are offering the following eGift Cards with purchase:

14 $350

14 Pro $400

14 Pro max $400

14 Plus $500

Samsung Galaxy S23 $500

Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus $500

Hope this helps anyone trying to SHOP!

If you do it online do you know how long it usually takes for the gift card to come? It says up to 20 days after being shipped but wanted to see if others got theirs sooner.