Black Friday future travel deals?

rwking75

My family is looking to do more experiences rather than needing/wanting physical items. We cruise several times a year but looking at other travel related options for 2024/2025. Anyone have any experience with travel packages sold on or around BF? Some things we're looking at include long weekends at some locations in the US. (Just not FL because we live here)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rwking75 said:

My family is looking to do more experiences rather than needing/wanting physical items. We cruise several times a year but looking at other travel related options for 2024/2025. Anyone have any experience with travel packages sold on or around BF? Some things we're looking at include long weekends at some locations in the US. (Just not FL because we live here)

We are looking for the same thing for us. We are thinking of one of them being a trip to NYC with a broadway show. We only cruise maybe once a year or two, we looked for another cruise even in like Feb but it’s stupid expensive. Makes me wish I had booked a bunch when all the COVID pricing issues were going on. We looked at a 4 day the other day for mid Feb and it was like 3500 for 4 people. 

15 hours ago, Kanyon71 said:

We are looking for the same thing for us. We are thinking of one of them being a trip to NYC with a broadway show. We only cruise maybe once a year or two, we looked for another cruise even in like Feb but it’s stupid expensive. Makes me wish I had booked a bunch when all the COVID pricing issues were going on. We looked at a 4 day the other day for mid Feb and it was like 3500 for 4 people. 

Covid canceled our Xmas 2020 Disney cruise. Since then we've been cruising 4 times a year since Nov '21 including 2 in the next 2 months. Not that we're sick of cruising, but we just want to do more stuff. Our son is about to be a teenager so we hope he has the patience and interest on more domestic experiences.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kayray said:

For cruises "wave season" typically starts in mid-January.  This is typically when you will find the best deals on cruises.  Happy Travels!

Thank you, will look then. I'm about to be Platinum on Carnival, so some of the lines are matching which will be nice. 🙂

2 hours ago, rwking75 said:

Covid canceled our Xmas 2020 Disney cruise. Since then we've been cruising 4 times a year since Nov '21 including 2 in the next 2 months. Not that we're sick of cruising, but we just want to do more stuff. Our son is about to be a teenager so we hope he has the patience and interest on more domestic experiences.  

Yes I get that. Ours is about to turn 13 so finding things that will keep her happy is a lot harder lol

On 10/7/2023 at 5:58 PM, arci122 said:

I got amazing deals on airline tickets weekend after black friday last year and sales on hotel too.  Southwest was the airline.  they even called it a black friday deal.

Okay.... Southwest will be on my radar for black friday  

• 4 weeks later...

If you are doing road trips or flying out to a state and then driving around, go to some National Parks.  We love them!!  I bought hubby a National Park Pass for 80.00 annual price and it saves us a lot just from that.  We usually hit up anywhere from 2-10 parks a year and since the parks are 10-25 each to get in, it saves us a lot.  Last year we paid for the pass in 3 parks and had 7 more to go!!

I'm looking for hotel deals for April in Vegas. Hopefully they post something.

On 11/9/2023 at 12:57 PM, kellis4321 said:

If you are doing road trips or flying out to a state and then driving around, go to some National Parks.  We love them!!  I bought hubby a National Park Pass for 80.00 annual price and it saves us a lot just from that.  We usually hit up anywhere from 2-10 parks a year and since the parks are 10-25 each to get in, it saves us a lot.  Last year we paid for the pass in 3 parks and had 7 more to go!!

$80? Did you get the Senior Lifetime pass? I got my mom one a few years ago when they did a free promotion.  I already take her on vacation but now we get to use her pass 😄

9 hours ago, setlok73 said:

I'm looking for hotel deals for April in Vegas. Hopefully they post something.

$80? Did you get the Senior Lifetime pass? I got my mom one a few years ago when they did a free promotion.  I already take her on vacation but now we get to use her pass 😄

No not the senior one! We are not quite there yet!  My dad has the senior one but he has to be with us to use his!  We are going to Acadia next year in Maine and it’s 35 to get in! We will hit a few more and it pays for itself!

• Like 1