Unique Holiday Home Decor

rwking75

Anyone else use Legos as home decor? My son, now 12, and I have picked up several many Xmas themed sets over the past few years, enough to display and use as part of our holiday decor. The Home Alone house is a great conversation piece and their 2-in-1 Xmas tree sold last year (and this year) was used as the centerpiece for the dining room table.

I just ordered the Lego Pickup Truck 10290, https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/pickup-truck-10290, which will be a very flexible piece as it includes accessories for all seasons. 

Legos are timeless and a great bonding experience for parents and childen!

Yes!  I have 4 or 5 of the village buildings, the big train, the smaller train and train station, the Christmas tree from a few years ago, the Elf, Gingerbread,  and Santa house,  nutcracker, and Christmas wreath.   And they all go out at Christmas.   🙂 Sometimes I'll put the snow sheets down, add boxes for height, and add some tiny lights like others do with regular Christmas villages. 

I also have many non-Christmas sets that are in different places around the house.  The different flower sets are in the living room, the lighthouse is in the entryway.  The media room/office has the star wars sets (some mounted on the wall) and Optimus Prime.   I have the big Disney Castle and the Disney train and station (that usually joins the Christmas decorations).  And then we have a shelf with about 6 or 7 of the Town buildings (it's full - I need a new shelf!).

Most of these I built by myself,  but about a year ago my husband discovered the fun,  so he's helped with about 8 sets now.  And I have many more on my wish list!

Have fun!!

The "Santa Visit" Christmas set 10293 is $20 off at Target this week. https://www.target.com/p/lego-icons-santa-visit-christmas-house-d-233-cor-set-10293/-/A-83345671?clkid=7abbbce8Neb4811ed9384e90d09a7e3e2&cpng=PTID1&lnm=360518&afid=Slickdeals_LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

I'm hoping the Main Street set will go on sale soon. 

Additionally, Costco has all of the Lego advent calendars for 2023 for $10 cheaper than the Lego store. 

Costco also has the Disney 100 "Walt Disney Tribute" for $80 ($20 cheaper than other stores)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'll post pix as soon as my display is done. We are 1/2 way done with the truck now and we will start on the "Santa's Visit" house over the wknd. My son and I will typically finish 1 bag a night. Lego usually breaks up these sets in bags so that it's not just 1 box with hundreds or thousands of loose pieces. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally got mine all set up.  I didn't have a spot big enough to put them, so I got a foldable table to set it on.  And still ran out of room.

I still have a few tiny sets to build that will go in random places.  And I have a fire station I never built.  So I'll have to find a spot for that next year.  

20231205_193344.jpg

20231205_193006.jpg

20231205_193412.jpg

20231205_193428.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, rwking75 said:

Your setup is something I'd like to achieve some day! Looks great!

I particularly love the 1/2 round table with the tree and the train set. 

Thank you! 😊   They are a lot of fun to build and set up.

You'll get there, probably sooner than your wallet would like!  😄

Have fun!

13 hours ago, bluebear said:

I finally got mine all set up.  I didn't have a spot big enough to put them, so I got a foldable table to set it on.  And still ran out of room.

I still have a few tiny sets to build that will go in random places.  And I have a fire station I never built.  So I'll have to find a spot for that next year.  

I love it!!!

Y'all are my heroes!  I get tired of setting up stuff someone else built for me! LOL  

• Haha 1