Where are all the ads?

vern28

YES! I have been stalking all the sites looking for some kind of hint on what is going on lol. I would think that Walmart would have dropped details about the 2nd event but nothing yet. The only thing mentioning the sales for 10/14 is for them wanting me to to buy the monthly membership. I'm waiting for there to be items I need before I actually purchase the plan. Add on that Sam's Club has no prices in their ad. The only big ticket item I have purchased so far is my daughter's iPad for $250 off at Best Buy last week (Verizon postpaid). So frustrating!

Edited by jtitus2014
  • Like 1

We're not as behind as you think. At this point last year, these are the only BF ads we had that we don't this year:

Ace Hardware

Dell

HP

(Ace instead has a month-long sale this year and may or may not have a BF ad. Dell and HP might not have made ad scans this year)

Of course we don't have Walmart #2 but that sale was a week earlier last year and they had actual ads last year.

But all the other ads we had last year we have this year.

• Like 2

I am beginning to think that this is looking like an intentional plan of retailers to confuse with multiple and extended sales so that we can't compare or plan and they get to sell without discounting much.... have a good mind to avoid and skip BF this year..... :tired:

• Like 1

I am so lost at the moment. I don't even know what's on sale and if I even need anything. This year has been a whirlwind for me and I am needing a break to catch myself. I usually have the ads mark and que'd  for shopping, but with 2 weeks to the big day I think I am in trouble. Especially if they try and drop all the ads at one time. 

• Like 2

Omg how is it a week and half away from black Friday and there are so few ads out???

That’s what I’ve been thinking all day.  I like a bargain and all, but these little pre-sales have been useless to me. So far I haven’t bought anything at all.  Today I was hoping for Best Buy, Walmart and Target Black Friday ads to hit so I could finally make a game plan.  Hopefully Walmart doesn’t wait until this sale ends to let us see what Black Friday itself brings.

• Like 2

With so many stores doing weekly or pre-BF sales I'm not surprised that the big ads we usually see by now are not out... I don't like it, but the reality is retailers want to drive sales on as many items as they can (to get you into the store or onto the website)  before they give "deeper discounts"... Let's be honest, most people are out and about and would go back to one sale on actual BF into the weekend and then Cyber Monday. Target, for one, is busy every weekend and maybe they don't want to go back to the overwhelming crowds they had pre-Covid so they keep the weekly sales going...

With so many stores doing weekly or pre-BF sales I'm not surprised that the big ads we usually see by now are not out... I don't like it, but the reality is retailers want to drive sales on as many items as they can (to get you into the store or onto the website) before they give "deeper discounts"... Let's be honest, most people are out and about and would go back to one sale on actual BF into the weekend and then Cyber Monday. Target, for one, is busy every weekend and maybe they don't want to go back to the overwhelming crowds they had pre-Covid so they keep the weekly sales going...

I like that I was able to get some things already but I also loved the thrill of going to stores on Thanksgiving evening and Black Friday! I feel like I have nothing to go for this year. Probably will go to the mall with my sisters-in-law to hit some clothing retailers and maybe Target but idk…doesn’t feel the same.

• Like 1

That’s what I’ve been thinking all day.  I like a bargain and all, but these little pre-sales have been useless to me. So far I haven’t bought anything at all.  Today I was hoping for Best Buy, Walmart and Target Black Friday ads to hit so I could finally make a game plan.  Hopefully Walmart doesn’t wait until this sale ends to let us see what Black Friday itself brings.

That's the thing...Walmart and Target seem to be moving to this format.  These aren't pre-sales.  They ARE the sales.  Retailers are moving to a whole month of sales vs. just having the Black Friday only sales.  

That's the thing...Walmart and Target seem to be moving to this format.  These aren't pre-sales.  They ARE the sales.  Retailers are moving to a whole month of sales vs. just having the Black Friday only sales.  

I am wondering if this new format is going to backfire for them. While I have bought a few things it has been nothing like I have spent in the past. I have been in 3 different Walmarts in the past 2 weeks and they still have pallets of sale items still in the aisles. Either people around here do not like this new format, it was not advertised enough or both. Several of my friends and family who are big BF shoppers have hardly bought anything from these early sales. 

• Like 1

I think the issue for me is, these pre-sales prices are pretty much just ok. I am able to buy some of the things I need, but a lot of my Christmas shopping is based on the the actual Black Friday sales on things that my family may want. Sale prices on electronics are not wowing me and there are very few video game bundle deals to be had. I agree that the stores seem to have loads of the sale items on hand that are not being bought. I just want to see if there will be any actual Black Friday sales so I can map out my game plan.

• Like 1

For Walmart that's true. It's their traditional sale split up into 3 sets of deals. For Target, I don't consider the weekly deals they've been having actual BF deals - they will have a huge 40+ page BF ad which is their real sale.

• Like 4

For Walmart that's true. It's their traditional sale split up into 3 sets of deals. For Target, I don't consider the weekly deals they've been having actual BF deals - they will have a huge 40+ page BF ad which is their real sale.

You speak as if you have inside information on this? :sidesplit

• Like 4