Best Buy Black Friday Preview Sale (10/24 to 11/19)

Brad

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-1i-14-0-hd-laptop-celeron-n4020-4gb-memory-64gb-emmc-cloud-grey/6511947.p?skuId=6511947

I don't know much about computers, except how to use them for what I need. I'm thinking of picking this up for my 11 year old grandson. Decent deal for a starter?

I don’t like the amount of memory or the eMMC drive in it. If you’re going for price it’s probably decent but it’s going to be be very limited in what can be done with it.
  • Like 1

My mom bought that laptop (or the equivalent) a couple years ago. And she hates it. Like Kanyon said, the eMMC drive isn't great. It's very slow.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-1i-14-0-hd-laptop-celeron-n4020-4gb-memory-64gb-emmc-cloud-grey/6511947.p?skuId=6511947

I don't know much about computers, except how to use them for what I need. I'm thinking of picking this up for my 11 year old grandson. Decent deal for a starter?

• Like 1

If your 11 yr old grandson wants to play games, then there just isn't a $100 option.  If its for checking email, browsing the Internet, maybe doing homework, then this might work.

Does your grandson really require the mobility of a laptop?  You're paying for that in the form factor where a desktop computer will generally get you more for less (and provide for an upgrade path as well).

For a gaming laptop, you want discrete graphics, and that alone is generally $300 and up just for that option.  But fingers crossed Black Friday brings us some deals.

This is the most interesting one I've seen so far...reg. $900 marked down to $550 for BF.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-15-6-fhd-laptop-ryzen-5-5600h-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-ti-256gb-ssd-shadow-black/6513216.p?skuId=6513216

If your 11 yr old grandson wants to play games, then there just isn't a $100 option.  If its for checking email, browsing the Internet, maybe doing homework, then this might work.

Does your grandson really require the mobility of a laptop?  You're paying for that in the form factor where a desktop computer will generally get you more for less (and provide for an upgrade path as well).

For a gaming laptop, you want discrete graphics, and that alone is generally $300 and up just for that option.  But fingers crossed Black Friday brings us some deals.

This is the most interesting one I've seen so far...reg. $900 marked down to $550 for BF.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-15-6-fhd-laptop-ryzen-5-5600h-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-ti-256gb-ssd-shadow-black/6513216.p?skuId=6513216

This will be his very first computer, so he doesn't need anything fancy. He's at that age that's so hard to buy for. His teacher said he has a high aptitude for computer literacy, so I thought a computer might be a neat idea. School work, maybe some simple online games, learn to email with his Grama :). They don't have room for a desktop setup.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m anxious to see the actual Black Friday ad for Best Buy.  I’m hoping they have a bunch of 4K movies and some tv series on sale, but with the removal of most of the movies and tv series in the store not sure about that.  I’m also looking the best price on an air fryer oven and security cameras.  Not sure what else yet, probably depends on their ad. 

Today for the "Members Monday" sale I got a nice mid-range laptop for my son for $250 off. He already has a nice gaming desktop so didn't need the highest specs, but this has an RTX 3050 video card, so that was nice.

Also grabbed a 512GB Switch memory card for $50 off.

Glad to have the laptop out of the way!

• Like 1

I really need to pay more attn to these sales, almost missed out on these

Eternals 4K

Shang-Chi 4k

Black Widow 4k

The King's Man 4k

Thanks for the heads up about Eternals and Shang-Chi on 4-K. I had looked on their website earlier and just clicked on their link to Black Friday deals in the movie category and it just showe like 17 movies, and these weren’t in them.   

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up about Eternals and Shang-Chi on 4-K. I had looked on their website earlier and just clicked on their link to Black Friday deals in the movie category and it just showe like 17 movies, and these weren’t in them.   

ya funny thing is i could of sworn i had looked over that too, just happened to look today and found them