What is your theme for your Christmas tree?

kimpooh19

I don't normally do a theme. When my boys were growing up, I would buy them each an ornament every year that had something to do with what they were into that year...Bert & Ernie, Toy Story, Godzilla, band, etc. Since our older son bought a house and moved away I gave him all his ornaments to go on his tree. Since then I've just done blue & silver decorations. This year I think I want to do a beach theme.

• Like 1

Mine is eclectic too. I have ornaments from the 38 years we’ve been married. I do collect mice ornaments. Something my kids started years ago. My youngest daughter has a Disney ornament tree in her room . I missed the sale on these last year so I owe her 2 this year!!!
  • Like 1

Normally my tree is a bunch of ornaments from my youth and then the ones I have purchased with my husband as vacation souvenirs. This year though we are not doing our normal memories tree. We adopted a rescue dog recently and I don’t want to risk the special ornaments in case she doesn’t do well around the tree. This year we are just using red and silver standard ornaments (I originally got them ages ago when our first dog was a puppy and we were worried about the tree then too).

For years, everything on my tree and all of my in house decorations (except the Nativity) were Western. I had cowboy Santas everywhere! LOL.  I still love the cowboy stuff, but I slowly moved away from all of it, starting a few years ago. Now it's just "Christmas".  I do love the buffalo plaid and burlap. So there's quite a bit of that sprinkled throughout.

• Like 1