Does Circuit City pricematch online retailers?

Does Circuit City price match online retailers? If so, how to approach them on it?

I'm looking at a GPS unit (Lowrance iWay 350C) that CC sells for $449, but BuyDig has it got $364. I'd prefer to have it by this weekend for a trip into Canada, and it would be easiest to do it through CC, but I'd still come out ahead buying it from BuyDig and overnighting it. Currently has a $50 MIR too, which would again be easier through CC.

Edited thread title for clarity - RossMAN

no.

it had to be local, and had to be in stock.

<-- former CC CSR.

if you complain enough, you MIGHT be able to do it, but no.

i usually didn't have this problem, since most were PM'ing to best buy, which was literally three blocks away.

Sears is def YMMV, but take it up with someone higher up than a regular associate and you will usually get them to PM. When I worked there, we were told to not PM certain stores, online, etc.. and if the person pushed it, let them "this one time". I hated that line of bull, but I had to do it if my manager was around.

When I was looking at the Garmin 2730 in Curcuit City, the associate working there told me they match major online websites like amazon but not some mom and pop website. He even went over to his computer to look up the price to verify it. I have been to other locations and wasn't offered it after I told them about the lower price on amazon so I guess it depends on the location you goto.

• 3 weeks later...

Our Wal-Mart won't PM unless it's in the same town.

That's miserable! I can't say I've shopped at Wal-mart too recently though. They don't have too many of them around the immediate metro-DC area.

whalefan- What other GPS devices are you looking for? You might want to take a look at the TomTom line-up as well. They've got a couple of newer more expensive models out (510 and 910) but I'm pretty sure they still sell their older ones too (300) which is supposed to be a rocksolid work-horse.

As far as I remember, you can get TomTom's or Garmins just about anywhere now.

no.

it had to be local, and had to be in stock.

I guess I was lucky today then...CC matched Walmart even though Walmart was out of stock on the TV :)

I saved $135! The CC guy seemed bothered by the whole transaction, as he even had to give me 6 months no interest because Walmart has that promotion for sale of an item $297 and over :)

Well, this was actually the second time CC has matched a price for a TV for me.

I got a price match from a floor manager @ CC for a Panasonic TV/DVD/VCR combo unit that was @ Sams Club...it even had a slightly different model# as many Sams items always seem to have.

Both times they took my word on everything, although this time, the CC employee did try to find the TV on the Walmart website.

The TV was $526 @ Walmart...CC had it for $664...when he went to the CC site that shows their own markup...I think saw 29% on the screen...and he did some math on a calculator and then I saw 462 on the calculator. He then went over to ask the manager if he could do it...he did :)

It really does pay to ask...so as for the OP...try, you may get it :)