Post a pic of your Christmas tree for this year!

kimpooh19

I can never figure out how to post on here. 

I upload my photos to imgbb, selecting do not autodelete. Once uploaded, I edit the photo size to 450 in width and I select code for BBCode full linked. Then I copy the resulting code.

I paste the code in to the More Reply Options box, and cut out the url links the code generates, so all that shows is the

[img=<text.jpg>]

.  Unless I am linking a webite to the photo, such as the photos I'm putting in the Thermoworks Black Friday thread.  Then, I copy the link url, highlight the imgbb url in the

[url=imgbb.com]

and paste the url for the web page I want to link in there.

Clear as mud?

Holy moley it worked.  LOL

I'm uncertain if this is your first time using imgbb. If so, great job!

I would go in and delete the

[url=http://imgbb.com]
and the

[/url]
bits around each of the image links, so that the photos aren't links to imgbb. But, if Brad doesn't mind, then leave it. You did great!

I'm uncertain if this is your first time using imgbb. If so, great job!

I would go in and delete the

[url=http://imgbb.com]
and the

[/url]
bits around each of the image links, so that the photos aren't links to imgbb. But, if Brad doesn't mind, then leave it. You did great!

well you've lost me now.  I don't see any of that.  All I see are the images. 

Update:  ok, I think I got it now?  Lol.  

Edited by HanShotFirst

OK, if HanShotFirst can do this, I figure I can too.

Took me 7-8 hours yesterday to get mom's tree up. 2 strands of lights went bad. Not bad, we're guessing, for 25 years or so. Took me 2-3 hours to get all the white lights off. Then I went and bought 600 multi colored lights (for the next 25 years) and spent another 2-3 hours putting them on. Then the usual 2 hours to get all the ornaments on.

The pretty packages under the tree are from mom's secret Santa! ☺ Thank you again Secret Santa!

post-2167-0-81866700-1606873631_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-37182600-1606873841_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-44712500-1606873895_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-05895600-1606875053_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-00981100-1607361853_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 6

OK, if HanShotFirst can do this, I figure I can too.

LOLOL!  You have no idea how accomplished I felt after I got those pics posted!  

The tree is beautiful.  I’m slowly circling back around to the multi lights.  My big tree has clear and multi option and I’ve left it on the multi since I plugged it in.  

• Like 1

Hey Bopeep, I just noticed the cage around your tree....who are you trying to keep out??

Unfortunately, the cat.  I hate locking her out because every year she has loved to sleep up under the tree.  But she's old now, and has decided to start pooping just where ever and whenever, and I don't want to have to climb under the tree to clean up after her.

LOLOL!  You have no idea how accomplished I felt after I got those pics posted!  

The tree is beautiful.  I’m slowly circling back around to the multi lights.  My big tree has clear and multi option and I’ve left it on the multi since I plugged it in.

I have to admit, it was a lot easier than photo bucket. I am very happy with the imbgg site. (Thanks Gator Pam) I might post more pictures now.

I love your trees HanShotFirst. I always wanted to do a white and gold chrismon/religious tree. And your snowman tree is awesome. I know the lights never show up well in the pictures, but those blue lights rock with the snowmen. I think I'd try just blue or just blue and white lights for a winter-y look with the snowmen.

Bopeep's setup is very nice too. Her little indoor church scene is very different. I am surprised her cat doesn't sleep with the deer!

Hey Gator Pam...do you do a Chanukah Bush? Will you post pics?

• Like 1

I have to admit, it was a lot easier than photo bucket. I am very happy with the imbgg site. (Thanks Gator Pam) I might post more pictures now.

I love your trees HanShotFirst. I always wanted to do a white and gold chrismon/religious tree. And your snowman tree is awesome. I know the lights never show up well in the pictures, but those blue lights rock with the snowmen. I think I'd try just blue or just blue and white lights for a winter-y look with the snowmen.

Thanks!  Most of the nativity themed ornaments are ones that belonged to my late grandmother and aunt and are all Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments.  They both were avid Hallmark ornament collectors and I guess you could say I am too as all of my snowmen ornaments are Hallmark.  :)

• Like 1

Huzzah!

Good to hear.

Hey Gator Pam...do you do a Chanukah Bush? Will you post pics?

I live in a multireligious household.  My landlady puts up a Chr-stmas tree closer to the holiday.  I'll probably take pictures, but may post photos of my Hanukkah decorations during Hanukkah as well.

(an aside: I can no longer figure out how to split quotes and still put in the poster's name. Even if I input the BBCode myself...)

Edited by Gator Pam

I'll probably take pictures, but may post photos of my Hanukkah decorations during Hanukkah as well.

I can't wait to see them! I love Hanukkah. I have some of my Hanukkah CDs in the car for when I am tired of the commercially Christmas music on the radio.

BTW - there is no need to hyphenate "Christ" or "Christmas" as it is not the name of Ha Shem. It is simply a title...like adonai. (Christ is the Greek word for the Hebrew "messiah/anointed one".) I appreciate the gesture of respect though. But feel free to type or speak it. We won't be offended.

Edited by Reinholt1

BTW - there is no need to hyphenate "Christ" or "Christmas" as it is not the name of Ha Shem. It is simply a title...like adonai. (Christ is the Greek word for the Hebrew "messiah/anointed one".) I appreciate the gesture of respect though. But feel free to type or speak it. We won't be offended.

*nod*

As I've explained in previous years when asked about it, it's my own mishagosh. I don't type put the name of the Chr-stian savior, but refer to him as JC. I hyphenate Kr-shna when I refer to him, and hyphenate other Hindu deities.

However, while not the forbidden pronunciation of HaShem's name, traditionally the name you used is not spoken aloud or written out, except in prayer, or instruction of such. Even in Talmudic pilpul, or other religious discourse in traditional Judaism, the third and fourth words of most Hebrew prayers are replaced with "HaShem ehlokaynu" when being recited.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my candy and gingerbread tree. I told someone earlier I would post when I got it up, but forgot. It has the option of colored or white lights.

So sorry the pictures are sideways. :(

LOL. That's a neat trick....colored lights and look at all the pretty packages.....white lights and all the packages disappear

That's one way to keep the family in line...."You there! Get out from under that tree! Or I am turning the white lights on again!"

Seriously though, it is a lovely tree. The candy cane tree topper is very unique!

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 1

LOL. That's a neat trick....colored lights and look at all the pretty packages.....white lights and all the packages disappear

That's one way to keep the family in line...."You there! Get out from under that tree! Or I am turning the white lights on again!"

Seriously though, it is a lovely tree. The candy cane tree topper is very unique!

Hehe! That's hilarious! I didn't even notice I did that.

And thanks! I've had the same topper for almost 15 years, so this year I changed it up a bit and made a new bow and added some floral picks to jazz it all up.