Kohl's rolls out new Kohl's Rewards loyalty program

Brad

Press release: https://kohls.gcs-web.com/news-releases/news-release-details/kohls-rolls-out-new-loyalty-program-nationwide-rewarding

Basically they are just renaming their Yes2You rewards program and calling the $5 rewards Kohl's Cash instead of Yes2You Rewards.

Kind of disappointing as when they initially tested the new program in various markets they offered double rewards to Kohl's Charge cardholders, free shipping on all orders every day for Kohl's Charge cardholders and also talked about Black Friday early access to MVC cardholders. But in the end they stripped all those benefits away and there's really nothing new in this program.

Tara, Kohls offers free shipping with a well promoted code nearly every month.  Tradition says it's imminent and will probably be SEPMVCFREE.  Ditto for 30% off with  Kohls card.  Just have to pay attention in the deal discussion forums.  Lately, they give you $5 in rewards if you pick up your stuff.  I guess the $5 in Rewards that arrived unexpectedly last week is the new 5% back in rewards.  

Happy shopping!

Tara, Kohls offers free shipping with a well promoted code nearly every month.  Tradition says it's imminent and will probably be SEPMVCFREE.  Ditto for 30% off with  Kohls card.  Just have to pay attention in the deal discussion forums.  Lately, they give you $5 in rewards if you pick up your stuff.  I guess the $5 in Rewards that arrived unexpectedly last week is the new 5% back in rewards.  

Happy shopping!

Yeah they typically do the 30%/free shipping combo once or twice per month for about a week, but they had initially planned to let cardholders get free shipping at any time. Would've been nice to have free shipping during those weeks where the 30% deal wasn't happening, but I'm guessing they want to push their store pickup services instead.

• Like 1

Yeah they typically do the 30%/free shipping combo once or twice per month for about a week, but they had initially planned to let cardholders get free shipping at any time. Would've been nice to have free shipping during those weeks where the 30% deal wasn't happening, but I'm guessing they want to push their store pickup services instead.

I hear you.  All good stuff.  Still pretty happy with the existing program and even happier with 5% cash back.

I would have happily taken the double rewards points, in addition to free shipping every day. The MVC code is nice, but it is usually during a limited time each month, nu?

Generally coincides with the other discounts but out of sync with rewards.  That's OK with me because rewards are deducted  before discounts are applied, so you are better off using rewards on k-cups or some non-qualifying item separate from the discounts.  Also, pick up at the store and get $5 rewards.

When I moved into my home, we had Ames, Bradlees, and Service Merchandise.  Ames became Walmart, Bradlees became Kohls, and Service Merchandise became...Staples...I think.

Like everyone else in the world, I shopped Walmart.  Never went into Kohls.  Then one day I had to use a rest room and ducked into Kohls.  Nicest public restroom I ever used.  No kidding.  On the way out, I walked around the store.  Lots of nice stuff.  We got their cards, started working their promotions, and have all but stopped shopping Walmart.  If I am not in a hurry, I can usually beat Amazon and Walmart on price and returns are very easy.