Black Friday 2020 Countdown & Anticipation Thread

Brad

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

100 days until Black Friday (or possibly the day formerly known as Black Friday this year)

Any idea what symbol will stand in for the name "Black Friday"?

EDIT:  I can't post the Prince symbol, either because of copyright laws or because I'm suffering from id10t syndrome.  And my comment is no longer as funny.  :(

Edited by laddhorn
  • Like 2

I was at a Harbor Freight yesterday and asked them what they have heard about Black Friday. The manager, who I know through my company, said they have heard nothing which they said they normally know something by now. They also have not heard if they are bring back their tent sales this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I just need something Black Fridayish to replace my 32 inch tv that just developed a dead pixel

Is 32" enough?  Televisions have been steeply discounted all summer.  Walmart.com has the 55" TCL 55S421 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart LED HDTV on sale for $278 with free shipping.

It's in and out of stock and been on sale all summer, but I have two of these and like them very much...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-55-Class-4K-UHD-LED-Roku-Smart-TV-HDR-4-Series-55S421/616382144

Is 32" enough? Televisions have been steeply discounted all summer. Walmart.com has the 55" TCL 55S421 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart LED HDTV on sale for $278 with free shipping.

It's in and out of stock and been on sale all summer, but I have two of these and like them very much...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-55-Class-4K-UHD-LED-Roku-Smart-TV-HDR-4-Series-55S421/616382144

yes for the spot i need a 32 is as big as I can go physically which is fine its not my main tv just bedroom

yes for the spot i need a 32 is as big as I can go physically which is fine its not my main tv just bedroom. The prices I am seeing though I almost wonder if we will see sub $70 tvs this year. I see several already sub $100. I just hate to buy now not knowing what deal I will miss closer to Christmas.

Edited by Tigger97498

yes for the spot i need a 32 is as big as I can go physically which is fine its not my main tv just bedroom. The prices I am seeing though I almost wonder if we will see sub $70 tvs this year. I see several already sub $100. I just hate to buy now not knowing what deal I will miss closer to Christmas.

Maybe, but to a certain extent, you get what you pay for.  I like this television for $118...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-32-Class-720P-HD-LED-Roku-Smart-TV-3-Series-32S331/721539264

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 1

Maybe, but to a certain extent, you get what you pay for. I like this television for $118...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-32-Class-720P-HD-LED-Roku-Smart-TV-3-Series-32S331/721539264

i like it a lot but i figure from last years deals that ones gonna be cheaper come Black Friday if we get online sales. That was a doorbuster at several stores last year i think.

i like it a lot but i figure from last years deals that ones gonna be cheaper come Black Friday if we get online sales. That was a doorbuster at several stores last year i think.

Now the issue is they only have limited quantities for doorbusters. We are now competing with the masses for all the only deals once the clock strikes midnight. I am looking for discounts now that I could live with just in case somebody's system crashes ( i predict it will) or online orders get cancelled ( I predict it will)

• Like 1

Now the issue is they only have limited quantities for doorbusters. We are now competing with the masses for all the only deals once the clock strikes midnight. I am looking for discounts now that I could live with just in case somebody's system crashes ( i predict it will) or online orders get cancelled ( I predict it will)

that makes sense if I can find a deal on Prime Day I will grab one then. Prime Day tv deals are pretty on par with Black Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

i so wish it was like it was years ago.. i remember sitting with all the flyers around thanksgiving with family and every one was gonna be going different ways in am .. these last few years though we went shopping afte eating on thanksgiving day, it took away some of the fun of the lines .. this year God only knows what it will be like 

• Like 5

i so wish it was like it was years ago.. i remember sitting with all the flyers around thanksgiving with family and every one was gonna be going different ways in am .. these last few years though we went shopping afte eating on thanksgiving day, it took away some of the fun of the lines .. this year God only knows what it will be like 

Got the blow yesterday that Charlie Brown isn't even going to be on ABC and I just feel cheated. So much has changed and they just keep taking needlessly :(

I miss waking up Thanksgiving and walking to the gas station too many times trying to get the paper to pour over the ads I've already scoured and made detailed lists from, shopping online throughout the day and the restless few hours nap before heading out too early to have a decent shot at things.

• Like 3

I told my DD that none of us really need anything so presents will be light this year. She basically received her Christmas present early due to virtual learning- a new laptop. Lol. She then got excited about stuff she would never do with me before because she was too busy. Now she wants to make gingerbread houses and “do memory making” things. This is one great bonus for this year! I think this is my greatest Christmas present ever ❤️
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I barely even have a game plan this year. With all the sales being so spread out and weeks of deals leading up, it's more difficult to make a plan.

Still a few things I'll try to get online.

I’m completely lost and disappointed with the sales... lol. Black Friday has always been “my jam”. But I understand as it pretty much fits this whole 2020. Still I am ok- I have my job, all of my family and the ability to enjoy the season.

• Like 1