What are your favorite Christmas movies?

magickallight

All time favorites are:

White Christmas

Holiday Inn

Miracle on 34th St

I love the Santa Clause movies (even the last one, lol).

And one that is really not a Christmas movie, but it has Santa and Jack Frost in it so I'll count it, The Rise of the Guardians.  I love that movie!

I did really enjoy The Christmas Chronicles last year. Probably too new for me to consider it a favorite yet :).

I watch all the Hallmark Christmas movies, but really the stereotypes are right. They ARE all basically the same. So while I love them, I would not count any of them in my favorites either.

I'm looking forward to watching Noelle on Disney+, whenever I get time in the next couple weeks.  And, I'll try Klaus on Netflix.

• Like 3

Oh gosh. I might actually have a shorter list than most because I don't watch much TV these days, but...

1) It's A Wonderful Life

2) Home Alone 1&2

3) Christmas Vacation

4) Santa Clause 

and while not full length movies, I love A Charlie Brown Christmas and the animated The Grinch Who Stole Christmas cartoon from back in the day. 

• Like 2

It’s hard to choose, but if I had to rank them:

The Muppets Christmas Carol

White Christmas

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original animated tv version)

Arthur Christmas

Miracle on 34th Street (the original version)

My husband’s favorites, which I also enjoy are:

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

Die Hard 1 and 2

The Ref

Other beloved classics that I like to catch but are less essential are:

Scrooged

Home Alone

The Santa Clause

Rise of the guardians

Now here is the truly shocking part, I have never seen, besides just bits and pieces:

Holiday Inn

It’s a Wonderful Life

Every year I keep saying I will give them a try, but I never seem to have enough time, especially when you take into account all the Hallmark movies I enj.

• Like 2

It’s hard to choose, but if I had to rank them:

The Ref

Now here is the truly shocking part, I have never seen, besides just bits and pieces:

Holiday Inn

It’s a Wonderful Life

Every year I keep saying I will give them a try, but I never seem to have enough time, especially when you take into account all the Hallmark movies I enj.

I like It's a Wonderful Life, but it's not a must watch.  I LOVE Holiday Inn.  But I'm totally in to Bing and Fred, and singing and dancing. Throw in some Danny Kaye and Gene Kelly, and I always say they were just a whole different kind of sexy :).

Are they remaking The Ref?  Or have they made a movie that seems just like it?  I keep seeing bits of commercials but haven't caught the whole thing.

• Like 1

Are they remaking The Ref?  Or have they made a movie that seems just like it?  I keep seeing bits of commercials but haven't caught the whole thing.

I finally caught the whole commercial. It's called The Moody's Christmas.  It just looked similar to me, probably because it has Denis Leary yelling at a couple sitting on a couch. LOL

• Like 1