2018 So where is Everyone on their Buying, Shipments, Wrapping and Baking?

magickallight

I made some lists today. I *think* all my actual gifts-that-are-not-gift-cards are purchased. I have no idea if the stockings will be full... I should buy extra candy in case.

I have 7 gift cards to buy, plus 3 I want to put in slime so I need that.

Also made the list of desserts I want to make. 5 new things are on the list, along with buckeyes, brownies, and 2 types of cookies. We'll see if that all happens.

I had a list of about 102 gifts I wanted to make (actually about 18). I got 1 finished this weekend... And added 1 more... But I think most have been realistically removed from the list, and probably will only make 1 hat, and *maybe* 4 dishcloths.

Do what my parents and grandparents did. Put oranges and other fruit in the stocking and a little change. Then you buy a inexpensive puzzle or game (not for Xbox) and be done. Gives the kids something to do in the time before or after the meal or on the way home. Make them think in a good way!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS [emoji318][emoji320][emoji516]

I can't believe we are less than a week out now!!!!

Shopping done

Gifts were shipped last Monday - all confirmed to have arrived

Christmas Cards mailed

Baking - 90% done and given out already - more baking needed to have enough to finish up cookie platters for various folks.  I baked and froze many different types of cookies starting in November but didn't make quite enough apparently, lol; Baked a quadruple batch of cinnamon rolls this weekend and delivered the last of them this morning!

Wrapping - 80% done - still have lots left to do!!!  :runaway:

I am really REALLY grateful for Starbucks!  And Airbourne!!!

• Like 2

"Mom, would you mind making some buckeyes for me to take to work this week?"

Yep, I'll just whip them up while I'm knitting a hat for the other kid to give to his friend!

Sounds about right from a kid. I know I did stuff like that to my parents, too, because I really often had no clue just how much I was asking of them! 

• Like 1

Sounds about right from a kid. I know I did stuff like that to my parents, too, because I really often had no clue just how much I was asking of them!

Well... He's 22! And has watched me make these for years! Sweet though that he's proud of something I make.

And you know I will try my best to do it for him. But they might just get cookies.

• Like 2

Okay - so one of my kids and her 3 kids have had to change days to visit do to her work schedule, SOOOOOOOOOOOO, everything has had to be moved around (which I must admit "I DO NOT DO WELL WITH CHANGES!")  So baking and candy making must start tomorrow (although it will not ALL get done) for their Saturday morning arrival! Telling myself to BREATHE... but not really helping right now... guess that's just part of "the most wonderful time of the year). ;)

I think we’re baking this weekend. Can’t wait to eat some chocolate covered Oreo balls lol.

RECIPE, please... mouth is watering just thinking about them! :)

• Like 1

Okay - so one of my kids and her 3 kids have had to change days to visit do to her work schedule, SOOOOOOOOOOOO, everything has had to be moved around (which I must admit "I DO NOT DO WELL WITH CHANGES!")  So baking and candy making must start tomorrow (although it will not ALL get done) for their Saturday morning arrival! Telling myself to BREATHE... but not really helping right now... guess that's just part of "the most wonderful time of the year). ;)

Oh no!!!  I'm with ya, I don't do change either!  You will get it done though, us moms always do...  :)

Tonight I hope to knit a hat, wrap at least a couple presents, and make some cookies or something for work tomorrow.  Tomorrow is  my last day in the office, Friday I am remote.

I think we’re baking this weekend. Can’t wait to eat some chocolate covered Oreo balls lol.

Yummy!  I made those once or twice and they were so good.  But not as well received as the buckeyes.  And I can only handle one chocolate-dipping activity!

• Like 2

Will get it and post it here this weekend. They are really good.

Oh no!!!  I'm with ya, I don't do change either!  You will get it done though, us moms always do...  :)

Tonight I hope to knit a hat, wrap at least a couple presents, and make some cookies or something for work tomorrow.  Tomorrow is  my last day in the office, Friday I am remote.

Yummy!  I made those once or twice and they were so good.  But not as well received as the buckeyes.  And I can only handle one chocolate-dipping activity!

Yes they are, then again I wouldn't pass up chocolate covered peanut butter balls either lol

• Like 2

I'm through baking and dipping. Unless I decide to make the candied cereal and pecans. I really need to do that, since I bought all the stuff :/.  I need to put cookies and candy together to take to work. Tomorrow is our Christmas lunch at work, so tonight I will go home and make deviled eggs. Saturday, I will spend all day watching Bing Crosby and wrapping presents. Hopefully that doesn't spill over into Sunday. I'll try to get my son's help (I've already wrapped his, just so he can help me with everyone else :)). Then I get to sit back and just enjoy the last couple days of the Christmas season :).

• Like 2

Just made it back from a 3 hour trip to Target.

I have finished my shopping. I hope. And I have all the ingredients to make all the things on my list. I hope.

Got the hat made for son to give to his friend.

Tonight I'll organize and wrap, maybe start on some more buckeyes.

Tomorrow I'll bake!

We're almost there!

• Like 2

Survived the 1st of 3 Christmas celebrations with one of my daughter's and 2 of her kids, hubby and me and my mom... Now to smoke 2 pork roasts and a turkey breast tomorrow for Christmas Eve for celebration #2. Also have to finish baking, get all of their presents under the tree, and SO much more... I am totally worn out! And to top it off - feel like I might be coming down with something! Can't stop now - have worked too hard to get to this point... but really need some elves to come and help me get through with all of this! (Everything seemed so much easier when I was younger!!!!)

Good luck to everyone as we enter the final stretch. I had a few moments today with the grandkids that made this all seem worth it... I guess it is kind of like childbirth - SO MUCH PAIN - but all forgotten when you hold that little one in your arms for the first time. Strange to relate Christmas to childbirth - but right now... it seems appropriate as I am so tired I can't even sleep... I want all this rushing around to be over - but know when it is - I will be sad... and looking forward to doing it all over again next year. ;)

• Like 4

I hope you feel better! And good luck with all your cooking and baking tomorrow. I know what you mean, seeing everyone happy does make it worth it.

I finished wrapping tonight! Hooray! Well except for my daughter and grandson, but I won't see them until the 31st, so I'll wrap their's after Christmas. I need to focus on baking now.

• Like 2

I got all wrapping done Friday, and baking/candy making done yesterday, so I think I'm ready!  This afternoon we are all going to watch a movie, then play a game, and open presents after dinner (my husband is the impatient one and would open now if I let him). Tomorrow my family comes over here.

• Like 3

For the love of all that is Christmas-y please don’t let me forget the gifts tonight as I make my way to family after work. It has happened before and I have anxiety over it ever since then! LOL!

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope everyone is finally able to relax today/tomorrow and bask in the joy of all our hard work.

• Like 5