Sam's Club November 10th 1-Day Sale Ad Posted

Brad

I’ll be there for my new iphone. If I didn’t already have AirPods, I would be picking those up too.

I think that 40 in smart Vizio for $179 is pretty good

Am I missing the price of the 75” LG on page 2?

I stopped in our Sams yesterday to see if they were taking appointments that day for phones.  They said no. I said ok. I hope it isn't a long wait like some said last year was. We really need to replace one.  Then hubby can use the gift card toward one of the tv's he wants. (I'm thinking he wants the 65") But, personally I think the 55" is a really good deal if size matters.  I do agree the 40" is a good buy too. 

On the phone deals:  It says you get $300 gift card with the activation of a phone.  Does this mean you can just buy the phone outright with no contract?  I need a new phone and I don't want to switch carriers, change my phone number, or lease.  I am with Sprint and want to stay with them.  Just want a new phone that I can pay for out of pocket and own.  I guess I am confused by the phrasing of "with activation".  

I stopped in our Sams yesterday to see if they were taking appointments that day for phones. They said no. I said ok. I hope it isn't a long wait like some said last year was. We really need to replace one. Then hubby can use the gift card toward one of the tv's he wants. (I'm thinking he wants the 65") But, personally I think the 55" is a really good deal if size matters. I do agree the 40" is a good buy too.

My location has done appointments in the past. 2016 I was the second person in line for an iPhone; the couple before me upgraded their children. I was home by 8:30. By the time they got to the end of the line outside, they were giving appointments in the evening. My plan once again is to get there early and get in line so appointment or not, I’ll be one of the first. Edited by tyreejames

On the phone deals: It says you get $300 gift card with the activation of a phone. Does this mean you can just buy the phone outright with no contract? I need a new phone and I don't want to switch carriers, change my phone number, or lease. I am with Sprint and want to stay with them. Just want a new phone that I can pay for out of pocket and own. I guess I am confused by the phrasing of "with activation".

I would think you could buy your phone outright and not make monthly installment payments as long as Sams offers the phone you want for Sprint. I don’t have Sprint though I can’t speak for them. I upgraded my IPhone at Sam’s a few months ago and paid $300 down to reduce monthly installment amount.

As far as the activation goes they have to do that for you to use the phone.

Edited by HanShotFirst

On the phone deals: It says you get $300 gift card with the activation of a phone. Does this mean you can just buy the phone outright with no contract? I need a new phone and I don't want to switch carriers, change my phone number, or lease. I am with Sprint and want to stay with them. Just want a new phone that I can pay for out of pocket and own. I guess I am confused by the phrasing of "with activation".

Considering it says “with purchase and activation on installment or subsidy of select iPhones”, I believe you have to sign up for an installment or subsidy plan. I can’t speak for Sprint but I know AT&T allows you to pay your installment off whenever you want. So there’s nothing stopping me from signing on for an installment plan, getting the gift card, and then paying the phone off the next day.

How early do you think you have to get there?

In August when I upgraded on a One Day only event and they were making appts for phone upgrades right off the bat, with your name and the phone brand, color and storage capacity you wanted. I got the only one of my choice they had available and I was about 5th in line at the mobile counter. I got to the store about 40 minutes before the doors opened.

I stopped by my Sam’s last weekend and I was told they would probably have a line building at 5:00 in the morning for a 7:00 opening and that when they opened the line would go to the optical department to sign up for an appointment. And of course, everything is on a first come/first served basis.

I stopped by my Sam’s last weekend and I was told they would probably have a line building at 5:00 in the morning for a 7:00 opening and that when they opened the line would go to the optical department to sign up for an appointment. And of course, everything is on a first come/first served basis.

Every store will have a different process; we’ve shopped this location for the one day sale and Black Friday. It’s always the same procedure; the employees come out with drinks and snacks before the store is opened and they walk the line to hand out tickets, take info for phones...keep in mind: you aren’t just signing up for an appointment; each phone is attached to a phone company, different memory sizes, color. I am appreciative of the way my location handles it because it’s less chaotic.

Every store will have a different process; we’ve shopped this location for the one day sale and Black Friday. It’s always the same procedure; the employees come out with drinks and snacks before the store is opened and they walk the line to hand out tickets, take info for phones...keep in mind: you aren’t just signing up for an appointment; each phone is attached to a phone company, different memory sizes, color. I am appreciative of the way my location handles it because it’s less chaotic.

my local location does it just like this as well

Interesting... Thinking I may have to go scout mine before Saturday and find out what process they'll use. Yours definitely sounds like they use a very orderly process, tyreejames. 

I'm not currently a Sam's Club member but that $300 gift card would be well worth it since I'm due for an upgrade anyway, assuming no BF ads drop with similar deals before then. 

I'll pick up the airpods for hubby.

I purchased my AirPods there a while back for $147; they were the best deal by far. I am curious to know if the $30 off is off the regular price or off of Sam’s price of $147. Either way, it’s a great day and I absolutely love them.