Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

None of my kids are heavy gamers but this year both my son and my daughter have requested an Xbox (either 360 or One).  We're not going to have a lot of money to spend this year (it has been a tough year financially) so I am leaning towards the Xbox 360.  There is 8 1/2 years between them, so this is one thing they both have in common and can play together.  My son wants some Call of Duty games and my daughter wants a Kinect, a few Kinect games, and a few other games.  I am hoping to get a good deal on a system this year.  

My DD got a great deal at Gamestop 2 years ago on a refurbished 360 still pays great too!

• Like 1

None of my kids are heavy gamers but this year both my son and my daughter have requested an Xbox (either 360 or One).  We're not going to have a lot of money to spend this year (it has been a tough year financially) so I am leaning towards the Xbox 360.  There is 8 1/2 years between them, so this is one thing they both have in common and can play together.  My son wants some Call of Duty games and my daughter wants a Kinect, a few Kinect games, and a few other games.  I am hoping to get a good deal on a system this year.  

My DD got a great deal at Gamestop 2 years ago on a refurbished 360 still pays great too!

Thank you.  I am hoping that they have a good deal on them this year.  Hopefully they will also have the Buy 2, get 1 free deal  on used accessories again as well.  

If you can stretch it (try GameStop for a refurb/pre-owned) I would go with an Xbox One (even the first gen which is what I have). The reason I say this is you will have games available for it moving forward. X360 you aren't going to see many if any of the new generation games come out on them. Also just to add for that MS has no killed off the Kintect as a whole so all games will be older ones for that. Hope you are able to get what you need at a great price.

• Like 1

If you can stretch it (try GameStop for a refurb/pre-owned) I would go with an Xbox One (even the first gen which is what I have). The reason I say this is you will have games available for it moving forward. X360 you aren't going to see many if any of the new generation games come out on them. Also just to add for that MS has no killed off the Kintect as a whole so all games will be older ones for that. Hope you are able to get what you need at a great price.

Thank you.  Just depends on the deals for the Xbox One and the price difference between the Xbox One and 360 (which I am pretty sure will be a big one).

Thank you.  Just depends on the deals for the Xbox One and the price difference between the Xbox One and 360 (which I am pretty sure will be a big one).

It's possible but you might also be able to get a deal you're able to live with. If not and the X360 is what you go with as long as they aren't set on the new games then you're still getting an excellent system. :)

• Like 1

So I really wish that the Target ad stated what the Nintendo Switch BUNDLE consisted of. It's the standard $299 price but it's worded that it's a bundle so I would like to know what's in it outside of the normal console. If nothing then it's not a bundle and pretty much a waste of space in the ad at the normal price.

• Like 2

It's possible but you might also be able to get a deal you're able to live with. If not and the X360 is what you go with as long as they aren't set on the new games then you're still getting an excellent system. :)

Yeah, they don't really care about new games.  My son is basically just wanting Call of Duty games.  I just realized that they have Call of Duty games for the Wii as well.  We already have a Wii.  Can anyone tell me how the games differ for each system.  My son has played Call of Duty on the 360 at a friends house which is why he said he wanted a 360.  

The game will look much better on the 360 than the Wii. The Wii was a very under powered system when it came out so the graphics on some of the games suffered for it. If he has friends that are playing it on the 360 then your best bet may be the 360 so he can play with them.

• Like 1

The game will look much better on the 360 than the Wii. The Wii was a very under powered system when it came out so the graphics on some of the games suffered for it. If he has friends that are playing it on the 360 then your best bet may be the 360 so he can play with them.

Thank you

I was just looking at the Kohls ad and they have the xbox one door buster for $189. Don't know if this is way out of the price range or if it could be a combo gift and then a game or two each to go with it.

• Like 1

This could be managed at the router in most instances, where you just wouldn't allow the console (any console, XBox, PS4, Switch, WiiU, etc.) to connect to the Internet if you didn't want to.

The guy at a local game store told us how to take the wifi card out of the xbox 360. So we did that last night.  will see how it goes.  Otherwise, I'm leaning toward the Nintendo NES.  He's special needs, BUT very smart when it comes to electronics!

I was just looking at the Kohls ad and they have the xbox one door buster for $189. Don't know if this is way out of the price range or if it could be a combo gift and then a game or two each to go with it.

I saw that and had thought about it.  Just not sure.  The game system is going to be a combo gift for one of my sons and my daughter.  It is a little more than I'd like to spend, but you also have to factor in the kohls cash and that's a pretty good deal.  I will have to check out the prices of the Xbox One games, the Kinect for the Xbox One, and what games are available for the Xbox One as well.  Thank you for pointing that out.  I had actually forgotten about that ad.  

• Like 2

Targets 40% off one EA video games in Cartwheel today does not work on Switch games but there is a 20% off FIFA 18 for the Switch in Cartwheel as well. I went ahead and picked it up in case the BF deals on Switch games are not good.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

So I really wish that the Target ad stated what the Nintendo Switch BUNDLE consisted of. It's the standard $299 price but it's worded that it's a bundle so I would like to know what's in it outside of the normal console. If nothing then it's not a bundle and pretty much a waste of space in the ad at the normal price.

It's just the game system no games

Ebay has 12 months xBox Live for $42.99 today. Can't decide whether to jump on that or hope for an even better deal.  In years past, I've been able to get it for $30 or $35. But last year I never did find it that cheap and ended up giving $50.

Ebay has 12 months xBox Live for $42.99 today. Can't decide whether to jump on that or hope for an even better deal.  In years past, I've been able to get it for $30 or $35. But last year I never did find it that cheap and ended up giving $50.

I'm holding off and hoping to find in the $35 range.  I figure worst case I get it at Target on BF for 49 plus my 5% and a gift card I have already

• Like 1

Happy Holidays fellow shoppers!  How difficult do you think getting the VR for playstation will be?  This is the only things my kids are asking for. 

Edited by freesia39
tweaked the title to be clearer

Looking to pick up a second Xbox One S for the kids this year, any opinions on the best deal? I'm leaning towards the Costco basic with two controllers deal.

Narrowed down: 

Xbox One (500Gb) - $220 - Costco - 2 Controllers

Xbox One (500Gb) - $200 - Microsoft - Battlefield 1 & (Select 1: COD:WWII, Forza 7, SW: Battlefront, NFS: Payback, Lego: Marvel Superheros 2) and cheap game

Xbox One (500Gb) - $190 - Lots of Places - nothing extra (Target $25 GC, Kohl's $45 Kohl's Cash)

Other deals don't interest me.

Waiting on the Toys R Us deals.

Edited by flyjar

Gaming Keyboards - My son in law has requested one of these.  Blackweb is the brand he suggested.  He isn't a gamer but has a small DJ business and said these keyboards do better for DJing.  Any ideas on a good deal on one of these?

Razer is a high end gaming peripherals brand. I have a mouse and a couple other things from them.

Anyone know if Assassins Creed Origins will be available for the PS4 at the BF price? I'm seeing it for the X Box One, but not for the PS4.

Chances are is if a game is showing on sale for one system it will be available on the other unless it's a system exclusive game which this game is not exclusive

• Like 1