Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

mommy2twingles

The only thing with buying on eBay is most of the times you are only sent the code and not the actual card.  If buying for yourself, that may not  matter, but could be if buying as a gift.  

This is true, but I think it depends on who you're buying for. I buy it for my son every year. When I get a card, great. When I don't, I print the number and put it in an envelope.  Either way works, and he doesn't care if he has the card in hand.

Do you think the PS4 will be available online from Kohl's?

Hard to say. It hasn't been in the past, but there's new wording on the ad to make you think "maybe". However, there's also no telling whether it will go live at 12:00 CT, or when the stores open on Thu. So, you should probably have a backup plan, either way.

Hard to say. It hasn't been in the past, but there's new wording on the ad to make you think "maybe". However, there's also no telling whether it will go live at 12:00 CT, or when the stores open on Thu. So, you should probably have a backup plan, either way.

doesnt help when its showing as out of stock online

does anyone know if there will be a x box membership ,on sale black friday? or do you think the online one for 40 was the best we will see this year?

I have been wondering the same thing. In fact, I posted this question earlier in this thread and no one responded. Last year on thanksgiving I purchased a 12 month membership for $28 from CDKeys. Last year, however, there were several deals on 12 month memberships leading up to thanksgiving, I just never pulled the trigger hoping for a better deal, which of course I got. This year though, I haven't really seen many deals being offered on a 12 month membership. I'm hoping something will come up yet this week. His membership expires on Christmas Day!

As someone who deals with this kind of data publication all the time, it's just a more foolproof plan to have everything in place except the stock level and then just update that at go-live time.  That way you know all the other dozens of pieces of data that are required for the item to show up in the right places are all where they need to be and functional.  It's a good way to handle the situation.

I think we've finally made the decision to Switch and instead of getting the XBox One S this fall we're waiting to see what Nintendo brings in March and decide then what system to get. Saves me from having to stand in the cold or scour around for a good deal on the XBox.

Apologies in advance if I've missed it, but can someone post the link to the Kohl's XBox deal ($249 bundle with minecraft plus Kohls cash).  And do you know if it is available online and if so, what time it starts?  I tried the BF product charts, but didnt see it.

Apologies in advance if I've missed it, but can someone post the link to the Kohl's XBox deal ($249 bundle with minecraft plus Kohls cash).  And do you know if it is available online and if so, what time it starts?  I tried the BF product charts, but didnt see it.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2727150/xbox-one-500gb-minecraft-favorites-bundle-with-charging-dock.jsp?skuId=xbox+one+s&search=xbox+one+s

thats the only minecraft bundle on their site, no clue if it will be available online or exactly what time as its a bit confusing it will be either 1 am EST tonight or when the stores open when it will be for sale online, we are just not sure until it goes on sale if it goes on sale

Oh man!  Brad, next year you need to ask us that are working on the other forum what our top items are and warn us while we're checking, lol!   :yup:  :tongue1:  I missed it.   :worried: Anyone think they'll have it again soon?

Ya I missed it also. Didn't get to check in here a lot with working in the other forum.

for those that bought the the 3ds in the ads everywhere, i was at GameStop this morning at they were telling everyone that the system does NOT come with a charging plug

just wanted to warn you now, you might want to check and see if that is true for the unit you bought

• Like 1

I didn't notice this before, but it looks like it says on the front of the box, bottom right, that it does NOT include a charger.

Wow.

Good catch Riven.

Specific to the new $99 white and black editions.

None of the new 3DS have come with cords since day one. The announcement was made a few years ago that they would no longer include the ac adapters with the new systems.

That seems crazy to me...why wouldn't they include them?

They basically said that since all the ds units use the same adapter, to either use your own or but one.Here is what CEO Iwata (R.I.P) had to say about it:

Iwata -

About the AC adapter, this is the fourth of this type since the Nintendo DSi13 system, so I think many people have the previous AC adapters. That being the case, we thought we should make it easier, even if just a little, to buy the system. However, you have to have the stores notify shoppers that this product doesn't come with an AC adapter, so if you don't already have one, you have to buy it separately. 

• Like 1

Well, I might as well lean on some of you with expertise here..

1. Are XBox 360 games compatible with XBox One console (not XBox One S)?

2. I'm in search of a good hunting game (I didn't really get much more than that...so maybe just general hunting) that will be compatible with XBox One. Open to all suggestions!

2a. And experience with the ones that come with the gun/rifle? Are they good to have the gun? Do those require the Kinect (not sure if he has one of those)?

SOME games from the 360 will work on the One. MS has a list. From what I've heard the Cabela's is decent and the Duck Dynasty is decent but neither are really all that great. As for using some of the older 360 games if they will work or not you will need to see if it's a supported game on the system. I don't think they have a whole of hunting games out for thw Xbox One.