Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

mommy2twingles

I read somewhere that Target had pre-orders at some point but they went really quickly. It's set to be released on 11/11 I think so if it's going to happen it will happen soon. I know Best Buy has it on their site and you can sign up to be notified when it's available.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are about this "new" system....

I worry that it is going to be like the cheesy plug and play systems that appeared in droves a few years back.

I am hoping for it to be a legit system like the one of old with the games all stored within the unit.

I am hoping to be able to order 2. One for my Nintendo collector DS, and one just to have to play around the house. I am also worried about the " plug and play" feel of the systems form a few years past. At the price point, I am not expecting too much.
  • Like 1

I read somewhere that Target had pre-orders at some point but they went really quickly. It's set to be released on 11/11 I think so if it's going to happen it will happen soon. I know Best Buy has it on their site and you can sign up to be notified when it's available.

Can you tell me where on the site?  I have been looking but have not seen where on Best Buy to sign up? 

Can you tell me where on the site?  I have been looking but have not seen where on Best Buy to sign up? 

Wow I just looked on BB and the notify button is gone. All they have left is a button that says Coming Soon. Target is the same way now. Amazon has a button that says Email Me.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are about this "new" system....

I worry that it is going to be like the cheesy plug and play systems that appeared in droves a few years back.

I am hoping for it to be a legit system like the one of old with the games all stored within the unit.

If it wasn't Nintendo putting this out I would be skeptical. Since it's Nintendo themselves and they are kind of funny about hurting their image I would think it's going to be pretty decent.

The new Nintendo NX/Switch looks like a cool gadget...too bad it won't launch until March 2017. I wonder if my kids will take a rain check? LOL

Ya I found the launch time odd. Why wouldn't you either push to make it for this holiday season or hold till the next. I'm sort of waiting to see some real life reviews on it. Not sure if me and my family are it's target audience, we have the Wii U and the Xbox One but this one I'm honestly not sure about. Being partial mobile I just don't see it having the hardware to have a truly great gaming experience. Hopefully I'm wrong.

We are looking to pick up a few games for our Daughter.

Mario Maker

Just Dance (either 2016 or 2017)

We MAY be getting another console at some point so that we can let her and her cousins play in the other room when we have company. Right now it's in the living room and we can watch her but when she is playing with Cousins they tend to get louder.

March 2017 is an odd date it seems, but they shouldn't have any competition for those tax return dollars now.

Only thing I can think of is they are trying to get families that will be traveling for spring breaks? I would have aimed for the Holiday's myself.