When is everyone putting their Tree up?

Dlions720

My husband had set up the tree and put out the outside wreaths while I was out shopping Thursday night. And he brought up all the totes Wednesday. Last year I was so blah and did almost no decorating, and then stressed 2 days before Christmas that nothing was done, so he thought I might keep putting if he didn't help me along. So that was sweet.

So yesterday I got the tree all done, and most of the house and he did outside. Today is kitchen and dining room.

I had mine up and partially decorated, but lucked into getting the LED doorbuster tree from Home Depot, so now I am waiting for it to arrive on Wednesday and we will take down the old one (which was on it's last limb) and transfer everything to the new one next weekend. Hope it is as pretty as it looked on the site.

• Like 1

We went and hunted Fraser Fir's yesterday.

Should be going up this afternoon or this evening at the latest. Other tree is already up and decorated. DW and DD did it last Wednesday. Started a FEW decorations outside on Saturday. Need to get my lighting system tested and setup but not sure how much time I will have for that.

• Like 1

I initially wanted a real tree, however, yesterday I started putting up my fake one that I bought from WM @ the end of last season... I only have the base, pole and top tier up so I can still take it down quickly and make room for a real one...Idk yet...

I love the smell of a real tree :)

We have some of those Scenticles things that hang on the fake ones but they aren't the same.

• Like 1

The tree is up, not decorated.

The curio cabinet is full of village stuff, not powered up though.

There's stuff on the fireplace mantel but I want to change it.

Another village set is on the shelf, need an extension cord.

The 5ft Santa is plugged in and a nightlight is plugged in.

My husband did tons outside. Most of it's plugged in...

• Like 1

Put the tree up and decorated it Sunday afternoon.  I had big plans to get everything done, all rooms and decor up.  I looked around at all of the totes, bins and bags - poured a drink and called it a night.  Got home last night and couldn't take the mess.  Put most of it up and organized what was left.  Will finish this weekend.

I had mine up and partially decorated, but lucked into getting the LED doorbuster tree from Home Depot, so now I am waiting for it to arrive on Wednesday and we will take down the old one (which was on it's last limb) and transfer everything to the new one next weekend. Hope it is as pretty as it looked on the site.

Updated: We got the new tree up today and it is really nice! Never thought I would own a "remote control" tree! We put the old 7.5' tree on the front porch with just lights on it and it looks so pretty! And, my dear hubby surprised me me with an early Christmas gift of a stained glass light-up star for the top of the tree to bring the "Northern Lights" that I have always wanted to see to my Christmas... it made me cry - it was so thoughtful and is perfect for the new tree. :)

• Like 6

Our tree and my collection of snow globes. My husband made me a shelf from barn boards and pipe. We each have a desk made the same way. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161205/0d738a0e66a003b785f52918358562f2.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161205/94cbe1152ce14a6ba372edbcc77d71ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

We visited the house in Ohio a few years ago. I also have some of the village set and a string of lights. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161211/2da951f8795d09a5e5a0c6a8c4156cdf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome. We have talked about going to visit the house. I heard you can actually rent it out to stay a night or two. Would be awesome.