Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

We are looking for a bedroom TV.   What do you think of the following in the Walmart ad.  I need bigger (eyesight not as good) and

I want it to be able to stream Netflix, Hulu, etc.

TCL 55" 1080p Smart  $348

Hisense 55" 4K  Smart   $448.00

DH already has a fancy 60" in the living room.  

Thanks so much

I may not have looked close enough, but where is the " Friday" sale? Even opening in Thanksgiving evening, I always ended up going back for the Friday morning specials. Did I miss them somewhere?

You didn't miss them :(.  Unless they're hiding something (and hiding it well!), they're not having the multiple sales this year.

IMO I didnt care for the staggered sale times.  I was in walmart for like 4-5 hours last year, waiting in different lines. LOL

Hoping to get in, get out and move onto the next store this year.  (Just got to bring the whole family with me, to get everything on the list)

We are looking for a bedroom TV.   What do you think of the following in the Walmart ad.  I need bigger (eyesight not as good) and

I want it to be able to stream Netflix, Hulu, etc.

TCL 55" 1080p Smart  $348

Hisense 55" 4K  Smart   $448.00

DH already has a fancy 60" in the living room.  

Thanks so much

I can't' bring myself to buy off brands. I just don't trust them. THe tv repair guy said they arne't made as well. He told me to stick with LG and Samsung so I have 3 samsung tv's in the house. YOu can't go wrong with a name brand and the prices aren't any higher. 

I can't' bring myself to buy off brands. I just don't trust them. THe tv repair guy said they arne't made as well. He told me to stick with LG and Samsung so I have 3 samsung tv's in the house. YOu can't go wrong with a name brand and the prices aren't any higher. 

The TCL from info I have read, they make parts for Samsung.  So if the parts are good for Samsung they should be fine for a bedroom TV.  LOL

I will also get the warranty with it from Squaretrade, so not really too worried.  I still have a Westinghouse going great that I got back in 2007.

• Like 2

never trust what any repairman has to say about anything remember in their line of work they make money buy fixing things.

I am like racerfan I will have my squaretrade warranty so no worries, also those off brand Tv's tend to last much longer than those much more expensive ones, you tend to pay for the name and not the quality

• Like 2

never trust what any repairman has to say about anything remember in their line of work they make money buy fixing things.

I am like racerfan I will have my squaretrade warranty so no worries, also those off brand Tv's tend to last much longer than those much more expensive ones, you tend to pay for the name and not the quality

That is what I am finding out also Riven3d.  The Westinghouse everyone said not to get, and it has lasted.  My decision is whether to get the Hisense or the TCL...

• Like 1

That is what I am finding out also Riven3d.  The Westinghouse everyone said not to get, and it has lasted.  My decision is whether to get the Hisense or the TCL...

for the price I am all over the TCL its that for me or I get the $99 Westinghouse at Target and try to get the $25 roku SE everywhere else

for the price I am all over the TCL its that for me or I get the $99 Westinghouse at Target and try to get the $25 roku SE everywhere else

That is the one I have decided on.  I like the Hisense but I can save $100 that will go to other gifts.  LOL  I am also getting 2 fire sticks, once for hotel visits  LOL and one for a friend

You CAN go wrong with a name brand, but most stories would seem to indicate that when things do go wrong, they don't go as far wrong.

Here's the thing.  Call Panasonic's customer help line.  Right now.  Chances are, you'll get to a person who speaks English in 15 minutes or less.

Now try the same thing for TCL or Westinghouse or HiSense.  The point is, if something does happen to go wrong, most name brands take protecting their expensive name brand more seriously and have at least some infrastructure in place to help you out.  I can personally attest to Panasonic's customer service being top notch.

The TCL from info I have read, they make parts for Samsung.  So if the parts are good for Samsung they should be fine for a bedroom TV.  LOL

I will also get the warranty with it from Squaretrade, so not really too worried.  I still have a Westinghouse going great that I got back in 2007.

Something that a lot of people don't know is that a ton of these TVs share components.  Screens, processors, control boards, etc.  While some of these manufacturers do make their own (I think Samsung makes *most* of their own and I think Sony makes a good chunk of their own and I think LG makes their own, they sell their components to many of these other brands.  So a TCL may well have a screen made by LG and a control board made by Samsung in it.  And they might sell parts to other manufacturers too.

I too have a Westinghouse 32in I picked up from Best Buy a few years ago.  Great little TV.  My only gripe is the volume goes from can't hear to too loud with one click.

As with many things, there are good repairmen and bad ones.  You do need to be wary.  I do believe I've dealt with many more good ones than bad though.

But suggesting off brand TVs last longer than name brand ones as a rule?  I'd like to see some evidence to back up that claim.  Perhaps you're right - but I'd like to know which off brands so I could spend my money more intelligently.

Has this sold yet? I'm looking for router around that price range. Also no one has any Bluetooth beanie hats in there ads unless I missed it and typed something in search wrong.

It looks to be unavailable online.  I'm not sure about the beanies.  You might be able to check some of the smaller retailers' ads that don't have ad listings; e.g. Dicks Sports, Shopko.

I went to Walmart today for groceries and was floored at how many DVDs especially blu rays were left. I got five of the $3.96 blu ray titles Forest Gump, Dirty Dancing, Into The Storm, the untouchables and world war z. There was NOTHING left at target worthwhile on Friday morning so this was a pleasant surprise. I take that back on into the storm it was $6.96. I needed it though so I was willing to spend a hair more for it Edited by Tigger97498