Who is ready to decorate? When will you start decorating?

colemandawn4905

Hmm that's a good point. Maybe 6 feet just sounds big... I'm going to check around tomorrow and see if I can find anything.

Menards had a 6ft one for around $40 I believe. It was with their fall/Halloween decor. Our store had a bunch left when we were there yesterday. Def worth checking out if you have one in your area.

Menards had a 6ft one for around $40 I believe. It was with their fall/Halloween decor. Our store had a bunch left when we were there yesterday. Def worth checking out if you have one in your area.

Thank you! Unfortunately we don't have a Menards around here, but I appreciate the heads up!

We put up our tree today,because we could. My husband passed away last Nov.24 and was the kind of person who would be happy to put it up on Christmas Eve and take it down New Year's Day (a perfectly wonderful man otherwise! :gdinlove:). He just didn't share my love of celebrating holidays! I swear I have the ugliest tree but the kids like it and that's all that matters. I am more into the lights and my snowmen collection and I will be putting those up between now and Thanksgiving.

I have always felt that the 3-4 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas were not nearly enough time to enjoy the spirit of the season.I've been listening to Christmas music full-on for a week and off and on since mid-October.I regret nothing!

"It's beginning to look like Christmas" around my home.

Now all I need is some SNOW.

:fluffy:

• Like 6

Its our first year in a new house too. I cant wait to decorate. I already re arranged the furniture lol

It is our first year back in our new house too!  Tried to quote jenmovdob  too but couldn't figure out the quote tool - sorry!

We had a house fire the morning of Christmas Eve 2012 and spent that Christmas as well as the next two NOT at home.  We moved back home this January and I am VERY much looking forward to decorating this year!  

I think we'll put up outside lights sometime over the next 2 weeks (waiting to start turning them on until Thanksgiving weekend).

Inside decor will start Thanksgiving night/after I get home from shopping on BF.  I can never wait!!!!  The new house has a very high ceiling in the main living space (not that we wanted it that way, but THAT is a long story!) so we bought a 12ft pre-lit tree from Home Depot last year - or year before? - I can't remember!  It is still in the box and I hope it works!!!  Can't wait to break out the ladder and decorate that puppy!

Edited by AuntJamelle

It is our first year back in our new house too!  Tried to quote jenmovdob  too but couldn't figure out the quote tool - sorry!

We had a house fire the morning of Christmas Eve 2012 and spent that Christmas as well as the next two NOT at home.  We moved back home this January and I am VERY much looking forward to decorating this year!  

I think we'll put up outside lights sometime over the next 2 weeks (waiting to start turning them on until Thanksgiving weekend).

Inside decor will start Thanksgiving night/after I get home from shopping on BF.  I can never wait!!!!  The new house has a very high ceiling in the main living space (not that we wanted it that way, but THAT is a long story!) so we bought a 12ft pre-lit tree from Home Depot last year - or year before? - I can't remember!  It is still in the box and I hope it works!!!  Can't wait to break out the ladder and decorate that puppy!

Ya I told my wife we should measure the high point in the main part of our house (has to be 20'+ in there) and see how large of a tree we can buy.

Same schedule every year-

Lights go up the first nice weekend after November 1st.  They aren't lighted until Thanksgiving evening.

Saturday after Thanksgiving all of the household decorations go up.

Sunday after Thanksgiving the tree goes up and is decorated.

Let the non-stop Christmas shows and movies begin!

While I refuse to put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, I want to get them up as soon as I can after so I can squeeze in every day I can till Christmas :holiday16

If I am hosting Thanksgiving, I usually wait until after to decorate. Since this is the first time in a while that it will not be at my house, I will start to put decorations up within the next few days. It takes a few days to unpack everything and another few days to pack it back up so it isn't worth it for me to have everything up just a few weeks. I just don't put anything near windows until closer to Christmas!

I put the tree up on Monday. Just finished decorating it tonight. I ordered a new tree topper and that should arrive next week. This is the earliest it's ever gone up. We decided to do a theme tree this year for the first time. We picked up all new red and silver ornaments from Menards for really decent prices. Only have red and white lights on it also. I wish I would have put more lights on it but to late to change that now.

I'd like to work on changing the stuff in the curio cabinet over to Christmas over the weekend.

I am so late in getting started I am not sure it will all get up, plus it will be harder this year as my garage has been turned into a trapping domain. So they are going to try and bring down a room at a time we shall see how that goes plus not in the spirit to put it all up 

Update, It's almost up but for some reason I am not very happy about how it looks 

Edited by Illinoismom

Well we are done outside and I love it. I have several different displays but my favorites are the stable my husband designed and built for me for my blow mold nativity and Santa and sleigh and 9 reindeer blow molds are flying and my frozen lake with penguins and polar bears and the 20 feet lighted tree. Now to start the inside tonight.

We will be putting up one of the trees today, probably the rest of them this weekend and get the house decorated inside. I have been so busy I haven't finished my outside lighting project. I have it all working like it's supposed to but I only have half of it wired up. Hopefully I will get it finished next weekend.