Christmas Shows

Kanyon71

I'm getting in that mood. I have a Christmas wishlist on my TiVo's so I have been going in lately and setting some shows to record :)

Can't wait to start watching lol.

I ALWAYS have A Christmas Story and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on disc and those are ones that get watched year round.

• Like 3

I set a couple to record on TiVo last night from the Wishlist (as well as some Halloween things from that wishlist). Need to unpack all of our videos so I can find all of my Christmas ones. I'm always into Christmas shows.

We actually have a lot of winter and Christmas themed artwork (most still packed right now) that we're going to put up when we finish the bonus room off. I hope to be able to start working on that this winter but I also need to work on finishing the basement so I can build out my office down there lol.

Even at my age I still LOVE the original Rudolph and Frosty claymations. A couple of years ago my wife bought the set for me. :)

• Like 2

I watched Ebbie already.  Its an older movie with Susan Lucci in it but last year was the first time I had ever seen it and DVR'd it so I had to watch it again.  I usually have 1 movie each year that I just love watching over and over.  Last year it was Elf.  The year before that it was The Santa Claus.  No telling what it will be this year. 

• Like 1

Some of our favorites in no particular order.

Elf

The Santa Clause

A Christmas Story

Rudolph The Red Nosed Renideer

Frosty The Snow Man

Christmas Vacation

Home Alone

The Polar Express

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both orig and newer)

Charlie Brown Christmas

Jingle All The Way

Muppet Christmas Carol

It's A Wonderful Life

Christmas With The Kranks

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Bad Santa

We also watch a lot of the Lifetime and Hallmark ones. One of the ones I really liked the name escapes me is one with Tony Danza where he is a thief and works in a small town during the holidays to case the town. Was a good movie.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I love watching Die Hard1 and 2.  I started watching them to cover up wrapping noises and now it is a tradition

That's awesome. My wife's mom used to not like A Christmas Story but now she has seen it so many times because of me she really likes it. My wife laughs when they do the 24 hour marathon she know's it will be on in our house but now it's on at her parent's also. :)

• Like 2

I cannot wait until October 31!!!! Hallmark Channel starts showing holiday movies!!!!

I was just going to post this same thing! When I first heard them talking about it, I thought they were crazy starting it so early. But I'm getting so ready for them to start now!

• Like 2

At our house we have to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas and Elf, those are two of our faves. I also enjoy the movie Its a Wonderful Life and try to watch it every year. My daughter asked me to watch Polar Express with her a few years ago and now it is also at the top of our Christmas movie list. Thanks to everyone for listing some of your faves, we will have to check them out.  :holiday10

Scrooged!

The Year without a Santa Claus (Rankin and Bass)

Santa Claus is Coming to Town (put one foot in front of the other!)

Miracle on 34th Street (John Hughes version)- I love the set decoration and the costumes, love the Santa suit and love, love Santa in this one!!

The Holiday (I actually like Jack Black in this movie, I usually don't except for Kung Fu Panda) and I LOVE the soundtrack

Holiday Inn

The Little Drummer Boy

Nester the Long Eared Donkey ( makes me bawl like a baby every. single. time.)

Christmas Do Over

Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds- I laugh so hard at this one, I just cry!

Just a few I can think of real quick!!

• Like 2