www.deepdiscountdvd.com- IF YOU ORDERED FROM THERE_ READ!

I ordered a DVD as a christmas gift on 12/10 from www.deepdiscountdvd.com.

Well today i saw that my account was charged $9.99- from GREAT FUN. Some program that is suppossdly "great way for families to save loads of money on every day purchases"

I called the 1-800 number and after speaking to someone who was trying to speak english with me and getting no where, found out that when i purchased from WWW.deepdiscountdvd.COM i authoritherized this trasaction- I dont remember clicking anything to autherize this! I'm going to their site right now to verify this.

So after having to get really really nasty with this guy on the phone he agreed to credit my account in the next billing cycle....................we'll see if it happens.

So if anyone bought from there- BEWARE and check your accounts!:mad: :mad: :mad:

intentionally top posted:

this is NOT deepdiscountdvd's fault and it's not just them. Buy.com also had this offer through GREAT FUN a couple of years ago (they might still have it now, i'm not sure). and yes, you would have to authorize it for them to charge.

they might have more than one method, but the one that i went through was right after i checked out what i bought (this is at Buy.com), the screen shows 'get $25 back' and by clicking it, it was through registering for a FREE 2 months of GREAT FUN account. according to this promo i will get a check for $25 back (or whatever the promo may be), but after that one month passed i have to remember to cancel my GREAT FUN account or else i'm going to be charged monthly for it.

i researched this GREAT FUN thing thoroughly before i clicked on that link, and it seemed that they're legit. so i registered, got my $25 back, and cancelled my account before the FREE 2 months expired.

just be cautious and be careful what you clicked on.

I ordered a DVD as a christmas gift on 12/10 from www.deepdiscountdvd.com.

Well today i saw that my account was charged $9.99- from GREAT FUN. Some program that is suppossdly "great way for families to save loads of money on every day purchases"

I called the 1-800 number and after speaking to someone who was trying to speak english with me and getting no where, found out that when i purchased from WWW.deepdiscountdvd.COM i authoritherized this trasaction- I dont remember clicking anything to autherize this! I'm going to their site right now to verify this.

So after having to get really really nasty with this guy on the phone he agreed to credit my account in the next billing cycle....................we'll see if it happens.

So if anyone bought from there- BEWARE and check your accounts!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Great Fun is Trilegiant - and this is exactly how they work. They are legit, but make money because forget/don't bother to cancel. Much like the way manufacturers can sell products for less than cost via rebates. Too many people don't read the terms they are agreeing to then complaint about "unauthorized" charges that the company can and will go back and show you authorized. I have taken advantage of some of thier offers, and while they can be insistent I've never had one be rude when calling to cancel. Realize though they are scripted to try to get you to not cancel. You have to say no 3 or 4 times IIRC

Some other Trulegiant names:Auto Vantage, Buyers Advantage, CompleteHome, Clever Clubhouse, Digital ProtectionPlus, Great Fun, Great Options, HealthSaver, Hot-Line, IdentitySecure, Just for Me, National Card Registry, Netmarket.com, Pet Privileges, PrivacyGuard, Shoppers Advantage, Small Business Central, Travelers Advantage, and others.

I have actually signed up for Great Fun before (the offer came in my Chase credit card statement). I got a $50 savings bond, and cancelled before the month was up.

I signed up for Traveler's and Auto Advantage this weekend for some gas cards, plan to cancel in a week. Actually Trilegiant is one of the best companies for these type of offers, because you actually get what they promise (or at least I always have).

Organizations like MovieClubOnline promise to give you two free movie tickets when you sign up only to notify you after you sign up that you can only get the free tickets after you are a member for 3 consecutive months, otherwise you will be charged the actual price if you request them. And yes, I did read the fine print before I signed up, so unless they have changed it by now - it is very misleading and I will never participate in an offer from that company again.