wamarts price match policy in effect today I believe

Illinoismom

http://www.iheartthemart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Walmart-Online-Price-Match-Policy-2014-686x943.jpg

Walmart Online Price Match Policy 2014Hold on to your hats because this is gonna blow your mind! I even have a pretty solid list of what stores they will be honoring. As far as I can tell is a new permanent policy, it is not limited to the Holiday Season!

Here are the basics of the new policy. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will answer them to the best of my ability. There are a few grey areas, but I think it is awesome and we should be careful not to try to abuse it!

1. You will be able to price match many online retailers including Walmart.com and Amazon. You will even be able to price match 3rd party vendors.

2. If you are buying on Walmart.com you have the ability to call a Customer Care Rep and they can adjust the price if you find it online somewhere else.

3. You DO NOT have to bring the ad to be able to price match. Cashiers have authority up to $20, CSM’s $20-$50 and anything over $50 is at The Store Manager’s discretion (Salaried Member of Management) My rule is don’t be a moron and try to cheat the system. BRING YOUR AD or be prepared to show them your phone. They can verify on their hand held scanners.

4. You will be able to Price Match Black Friday, but it may be tricky. Here is where it is addressed in the FAQ:

Q: Are Black Friday event items that are NOT 1-Hour Guarantee items available for online price matching?

A: Yes, Black Friday in-store event items which are NOT 1-Hour Guarantee items are available for online price match if the items are identical. Walmart.com will not honor price matches for Walmart.com  items between Thanksgiving  and Cyber-Monday.

5. Here are the stores they name:

Online retailers include, but are not limited to: Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com,  Basspro.com,  Bedbathandbeyond. com, Bestbuy.com,  Cabelas.com, Dickssportinggoods.com,   DollarGeneral.com

,   Familydollar.com,   Homedepot.com,  Jcpenny.com, Kmart, com, Kohls. com, Lowes. com, Michaels.com, Newegg. com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com,  Petco.com, Petsmart. com, 5eors.com,  SportsAuthority.com,  Staples.com,  Target.com, Tigerdirect.com,  Toysrus.cam,  Walgreens.com,  Walmart.com

Q:  Do we honor online retailers that aren’t listed above?

A:  Yes, however the Store Manager has the final approval on any “Online Price Match”.

The Complete list of FAQ’s are below-

“Online Price Match” Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How does a cashier complete “Online Price Match” Overrides at the register?

A:  Complete the “Price Override” using action code #2, the same as in-store Ad Match.

Q: Is the customer required to show the online price they are matching?

A: No, it is the customer’s responsibility to state the online retailer and the online retailer’s price and then it will be the stores responsibility to validate the price difference if it is more than $50 or if the price is seems unrealistic.

Q:  Does the store need to validate all Online Price Matches?

A:   No. The online price should be validated when the price difference is more than $50. Take

care of the customer.

Q:  Does the item have to be instock at the online retailer?

A:  The item must be instock at the online retailer and at the Walmart store for Walmart to honor

the online price.

Q:  Do we limit the quantity of an item?

A: Where  applicable,  Walmart  will  limit quantities to typical  retail purchase  quantities  or  one-per- customer or household to exclude dealers and resellers. The store manager has the final approval.

Q:  How does a cashier validate the “Online Price Match”?

A: The cashier can approve an online price difference of up to $20 without validation. The CSM can approve an online price difference between $20 and $50 and is encouraged to validate the price on the MC55 or at the Service Desk when the price difference is more than $50.

Q: Which online retailers do we price match?

A:  We match most online retailers with the exception of Sam’s Club, Costco, and Auction Sites

(e.g. Ebay Below is the list of some of the major online retailers the CSS/CSM/management  will

be able to access to validate the online price match on the MC55 or at the Service Desk.

Online retailers include, but are not limited to: Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com,  Basspro.com,  Bedbathandbeyond. com, Bestbuy.com,  Cabelas.com, Dickssportinggoods.com,   0aIIargeneraI.com,   Familydollar.com,   Homedepot.com,  Jcpenny.com, Kmart, com, Kohls. com, Lowes. com, Michaels.com, Newegg. com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com,  Petco.com, Petsmart. com, Sears.com,  SportsAuthority.com,  Stop/es.com,  Torger.com, Tigerdirect. com,  Toysrus.com,  Walgreens.com,  Walmart.com

Q:  Do we honor online retailers that aren’t listed above?

A:  Yes, however the Store Manager has the final approval on any “Online Price Match”.

Q:    Do we offer “rain checks” if the items are not instock?

A: No, we do not offer rain checks if we are not instock on the identical item.

Q: Do we offer a “substitution” if the items are not instock?

A: No, we do not offer a substitution if we are not instock on the identical item.

Q: Are Online Price Matched items eligible for associate discounts?

A: No, like other price overrides, online price matched items are not eligible for associate discounts.

Q: When verifying the listed price of the “online item”, does the price being verified need to

include the shipping  price/fee?

A: No, it is the price of the item only.

Q: Will site to store/pick up today honor online prices?

A: Yes, if the customer finds a lower price for the identical item (size, flavor, brand, color, quantity, etc.) on a competitor’s site, we will match the price of the online item. Stores can give the customer the difference on a gift card.

If you find a lower price for a Walmart.com  item on another online retailer’s site, will Walmart.com match it?

A: If you find a lower price for a Walmart.com  item on another online retailer’s site, contact

Walmart.com before your purchase and one of the Customer Care Agent will provide assistance with a price adjustment. The Customer Care Agent has the final decision for matching an online price.

Price adjustments are not available for the following:

Clearance items

Value of the Day or Special Buy items

Associate Discount Card purchases

Q.  If I am at a store wanting to “Price Match” my Walmart.com purchase as I have found a

lower price for the Walmart.com  item on another online retailer’s site, will Walmart match it?

A. Call 1-(800)966-6546 and one of our Customer Care Agents will provide assistance.

Q.  Does Walmart match online 3rd Party or Marketplace sellers?

A. Yes. We will match 3rd Party and Marketplace pricing but will limit quantities to normal retail purchases or one per customer or household.  The Store Manager has the final decision for matching an online price.

Q.  Does Walmart match online competitor pricing that is significantly below normal retail

pricing, for example, $0.01 items for sale on 3rd Party or Marketplace retailer sites?

A.  Yes.   However, per policy we will limit quantities to normal retail purchases or one per

customer or household.

Q.  For purchases made on Walmart.com, does Walmart.com  match 3rd Party or Marketplace

sellers?

A.  The customer should contact a Walmart.com  Customer Care Agent whom can assist. However, Walmart.com does not match prices on behalf of Walmart.com Marketplace Retailers to other online competitors.  For example, an item sold on Walmart.com by a marketplace retailer is not eligible for price matching.

Q. Can online price match items be placed on layaway?

A.  These items can be placed on layaway if the item meets the layaway criteria.

Q:   Are there any areas of the store that are not participating in online price match?

A:   Yes, there are certain areas of the store that will not match online prices. This includes, TLE, Vision Center and Pharmacy.

Q:  Do we match Sam’s Club or Costco or Auction Sites?

A:   Walmart does not match any Membership clubs and Auction sites (e.g. Ebay).

Q:  What do we do if the CSM is trying to verify the online price and the competitor website

won’t load or is slow?

A: Competitor websites may experience issues or slowness when loading. Please refresh or use

a different device.  Contact a member of management for guidance to match the online price.

Q: Are 1-Hour Guarantee Items available for online price matching?

A: Walmart 1-Hour Guarantee items are not available for price matching.

Q: Are Black Friday event items that are NOT 1-Hour Guarantee items available for online price matching?

A: Yes, Black Friday in-store event items which are NOT 1-Hour Guarantee items are available for online price match if the items are identical. Walmart.com will not honor price matches for Walmart.com  items between Thanksgiving  and Cyber-Monday.

Edited by Illinoismom
  • Like 1

Thanks --- for posting this!!!!!! But here is my question- I posted this in another forum but havent heard yet......... You buy something at walmart 11/22- regular price- then its in black friday ad for lower price- can we get the price adjustment as long as its within 7 days of purchase? And- do we just bring in receipt within 7 days( say the 29th) and get the adjustment?

Thanks --- for posting this!!!!!! But here is my question- I posted this in another forum but havent heard yet......... You buy something at walmart 11/22- regular price- then its in black friday ad for lower price- can we get the price adjustment as long as its within 7 days of purchase? And- do we just bring in receipt within 7 days( say the 29th) and get the adjustment?

this is a Price Adjusment and not Price Match which is a totally different policy.

my answer is im not sure, with their Holiday Match Guarentee idk the rules for it.