RadioShack backtracks on Thanksgiving hours after worker outcry

Brad

I don't think they should blame their lower sales on not being competitive with hours.  They should blame it on their poor ad and terrible customer service.

I caught that too. They're basically prepping their shareholders for lackluster sales because closing for 5 hours mid-day is Radio Shack's biggest problem.

Edited by Tara3117

I have wondered for a while how they are still in business. I try and stay away from there if at all possible. I don't have issues with the people who work there they are usually nice enough to me but i have an issue with their prices. They are usually a decent amount higher than anywhere else.

I think it is a disgrace that they will even be open in the morning.  Although I don't agree with stores opening at 6PM, at least that allows people to prepare for a Thanksgiving lunch and then go to work.  This just isn't necessary given that most of their competition isn't opening until the evening.

While I do regularly find something useful at Radio Shack on Black Friday, I don't shop there very often and I agree with others that they are just not responding to the market well.  The fact that they have some many store locations could be an asset, but they just don't make it work well.

• Like 1