Share Your Best Black Friday Tip & Win a T-Shirt [Winners Posted]

Brad

While I know the contest is over I still thought I'd share a tip.  I get Therma care(or generic) heat wraps! I wrap one around my waist to keep cold air from going up the back of my coat and have even wrapped one around thighs or where ever gets really cold ;) When it comes close to store opening I just take them off and throw them out. I use to dress in layers but got a bit bulky and if I'm by myself just more to carry, so switched to these and they work great!

• Like 2

My tips are:

• wear comfortable shoes, Black Friday shopping is not a fashion contest, who knows how long you will spend in line.
  • wear layers, I already saw this tip before but it cannot be understated, I've taken off a heavy jacket and a sweatshirt in store, had both tied around my waist
  • bring snacks on your trip, granola bar, m&ms, who knows how long you'll be in the shopping mall before you see the food court and the might be a ton of people there when you decide you have time to eat.

I know this contest is over but wanted to share my tips :)

• Like 1

I know I missed the contest but...My biggest tip is check your bank/credit card balances BEFORE you hit the stores! There is nothing worse than being stuck behind someone who's arguing because their card has been declined. Glitches happen, deposits don't always get credited instantly, etc.

know before you go.

Edited by speeddiva
  • Like 1

I know the winner has already been announced but wanted to share my tips anyway.

1) Check account balance/count cash right before going into the store or before the actual sale starts.

2) Help others if you see someone struggling or needing help. Last year there was an older woman struggling to get a kids table and my husband stopped what he was doing to go help her out. He still ended up getting what we wanted plus more. This tip is more of a good deed but I would like to think if I needed the help someone would be there.

3) If you have to use a cart than have someone stand with one away from all the sales. Example: my husband and I always buy a whole cart full of toys for the kids on Black Friday. We have to use a cart or two (yes we load up lol). Last year he grabbed the kids table set, Lego table, and Vtech rocker and went straight to a buggy that was stashed near the sales. He stood across from the where the toys were at while I got all the toys, dropped them off at the buggy with him, and went back for more.

4) I learned this one last year from a woman I was standing in line with. She was price matching the Skylander toys and a couple of movies that Target was going to have on sale. She came an extra hour earlier than what her "normal" time of getting there would be. She went ahead and picked up all the price match items that were going on sale at other places that Walmart wasn't going to have so that she didn't have to go looking for them afterwards.

5) Watch out for sales leading up to Black Friday. Last year Walmart had items that other stores were going to have on Black Friday on sale the whole week before Thanksgiving. They were smaller items but it helped because I didn't have to worry about those on the actual day of.

6) Have fun and be safe! If you don't get the deal you wanted chances are you will be able to get it cheaper on Cyber Monday or a day leading up to Christmas. 

My best tip is to have fun and be prepared. My friends and I meet a few days before Black Friday to compare shopping lists and plan what stores we want to go to.

Once at the stores, we divide & conquer to get what we want in the fastest manner possible. Then on to the next store. We have been shopping together for 10 years and all agree the best thing about Black Friday is spending the day laughing, having fun and getting great deals.