Disneyworld discount coupons or codes?

I have no idea where to find some codes, I looked on some of the sites I look for codes on and found nothing.

Maybe check EBAY for coupons. IMO, steer clear of the ones offering 'tips/ebooks/etc'. You want actual coupons or tickets.

Good luck! And let us know if you find anything and how the trip is.

I will be going Feb 11th to the 18th and staying at the Boardwalk Villas

Do they charge you for upgrades?

How cool! We will be there at teh same time! The reason I say ask is because I have heard ALOT of people say thry will upgrade for FREE. Apparently the general consensus on this is it never hurts to ask. They dont or cant always do it, but alot of times they do. You are going a week before one of the busiest weeks of the year. I imagine there would be *some* availability for upgrades. We have found most people are only there for Vday. Its pretty crowded then, but the rest of the week should be great! Our anniversary is the 14th, so we go every year and have dinner in a diff county @ Epcot. This year is Mexico!

There are no general public codes out at present. If you have an annual pass there are discount codes available for room ressies. You can try and call VRO and ask if there is a PIN attached to your name. Sometimes there are and you can get a better rate with that.

You can also try and get a discount through AAA if you are a member.

http://mousavers.com/

Is a great site dedicated to discounts on all things Disney from WDW and DL to Disney shopping. There are links here for discount ticket brokers. They have a newsletter that comes once a month with specials on tickets that you can only get from the newsletter.

http://allearsnet.com/

Is a great resource for information about the parks hotels and restaurants at WDW.

There are no general public codes out at present. If you have an annual pass there are discount codes available for room ressies. You can try and call VRO and ask if there is a PIN attached to your name. Sometimes there are and you can get a better rate with that.

You can also try and get a discount through AAA if you are a member.

http://mousavers.com/

Is a great site dedicated to discounts on all things Disney from WDW and DL to Disney shopping. There are links here for discount ticket brokers. They have a newsletter that comes once a month with specials on tickets that you can only get from the newsletter.

http://allearsnet.com/

Is a great resource for information about the parks hotels and restaurants at WDW.

Yep, I signed up a few days ago! I forgot to add that! LOL. Oh, and sign up quick, cuz they said the email with codes comes out on the 15th, so you have to sign up before then or wait another month.

How cool! We will be there at teh same time! The reason I say ask is because I have heard ALOT of people say thry will upgrade for FREE. Apparently the general consensus on this is it never hurts to ask. They dont or cant always do it, but alot of times they do. You are going a week before one of the busiest weeks of the year. I imagine there would be *some* availability for upgrades. We have found most people are only there for Vday. Its pretty crowded then, but the rest of the week should be great! Our anniversary is the 14th, so we go every year and have dinner in a diff county @ Epcot. This year is Mexico!

Wow! Every year... that would be a great anniversary :) Mexico... Yumm :2letseat:

Thanks for the info on upgrading.. I'll have to look to see if there is an upgrade from a Villa. We are taking my soon to be 5yr old daughter for the first time. I haven't been since a little girl... I won't say how long that was :D

mjmcca... Thanks for the website.. looks very helpful

You can get conference rated tickets if there is a conference on or around your travel time. The only difference is that once you start to use the hopper passes, you must finish using them within 10 days of your first visit or they don't work anymore.

They don't check to see if you are attending the conference. We bought these through a conference my brother-in-law attended. We ended up with a ticket we didn't use and sold it on e-bay.

http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/dwm/ticketpages/generalTicketGating?name=GeneralTicketGatingPage

You can get conference rated tickets if there is a conference on or around your travel time. The only difference is that once you start to use the hopper passes, you must finish using them within 10 days of your first visit or they don't work anymore.

They don't check to see if you are attending the conference. We bought these through a conference my brother-in-law attended. We ended up with a ticket we didn't use and sold it on e-bay.

http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/dwm/ticketpages/generalTicketGating?name=GeneralTicketGatingPage

Conference tickets can be risky. Sometimes they so ask for the conference you are with.

We have tickets but decided against the meal plan. The Villa we are stying in has a full kitchen.. not that I will do a lot of cooking -lol

One question... is it really worth buying a Disney guide book before hand?

What size villa are you staying in? Have you been to Disney before? If not I would say go with a guide book.Passporter is supposed to be very good although i have never used it. If you have kids i would have some snacks at least in the fridge food is very expensive at WDW.

We have tickets but decided against the meal plan. The Villa we are stying in has a full kitchen.. not that I will do a lot of cooking -lol

One question... is it really worth buying a Disney guide book before hand?

I would say no. There are too many websites that have the same info for free. Try www.talkdisney.com, or the ones listed abouve. I know www.disboards.com also has a good board.

We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas with a full kitchen, sleeper sofa and seperate 1 bedroom. My last visit was in the 70's.. let's just say Epcot wasn't finished yet. We purchased Hopper passes with the room.

Think I'll go visit www.disboards.com

If not I would say go with a guide book.Passporter

We have used the passporter book and would recommend it. It provides, ratings, suggestions, plans for the day given different age ranges. Pages are removable so you can take just what you need with you. Contact and phone numbers are also listed which is helpful for reservations and cancelling reservations. It helped us alot. You will have to do some pre-planning and it does take some time and effort. If you aren't into that sort of thing, don't buy the book.

I love Germany ;) The buffet there was extremely filling and we didn't have to eat again for the whole day-and I have a 16 yo (then 14) boy.

I love Germany ;) The buffet there was extremely filling and we didn't have to eat again for the whole day-and I have a 16 yo (then 14) boy.

*blech* I dont care for most German foods. Hubby LOVES it though, so he always wants to go there. We avent been yet, lol. Although, he has ben there lots of times before we got together.

I have to vote for the German buffet as well. Yum.

Just found out we will be going this year for spring break. We were going to the beach but added another family and needed another time share condo and found openings in Orlando but not at the beach so Disney here we come!

The Passporter book is great!!! It is full of lots of tips for timing, things to avoid and things to make sure you see, transportation, basically everything.

I also really like their web page:

http://www.passporterboards.com/ubb/index.php

You can find an answer to almost any question here... the people are VERY friendly, and very helpful. Last time I was there, they had a travel agent basically on staff who would watch your reservation and bring the rate down if there were any changes. No fees or anything :)

I also like this page:

http://allthingswdw.conforums.com/

Another awesome group of folks who just LOVE Disney.

Have a great trip!

Joanne

Thanks for all the super insider info...I'll be monitoring for more. Just dropped the DD (she's almost 20) off at DW for the College Program. She'll be there until the end of May, and we are going to try to go visit during Spring Break. The last time we went (in 2000) we spent.....well, WAY TOO MUCH. I wanna try to take advantage of every discount possible this time. The husband and son will want to do Universal, too, so any help in that area would be most appreciated, too!:thumbsup:

I LOVE this Forum!!

:hearthrob :hearthrob :2kiss::hearthrob :hearthrob