nicotine patches

does anyone know of any coupons?

I saw some in the clearance bin at walgreens. Can't remember the brand but they were in the center aisles. Have you already quit or thinking?? I quit in March. I didn't use the pacth but did sign up for quitnet. The support helped a lot!

today is my first day with the patches.. so far 3 1/2 hours and doing well. my mom is on day 3 and doing well.

Yeah for you!! I will be honest and say the first week is the hardest. It gets slowly easier as time passes. I am almost ten months and VERY rarely think about it and when I do its nothing. If you ever need to vent yell for me! It does help *LOL*

Oh and yeah for your mom too!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::multi::2monkey::2woot: :2woot: :thumbsup::2tapdance:2elephant:banana01::gd_purple:gd_not_ri:lolrun: :lolrun: :gd_orange:2wiggle:

Costco usually has brand name nic patches cheap and they carry a generic as well thats even cheaper. I had problems with the adhesive on the generic when I was quitting a couple years ago but my skin is kinda oily so I have problems with all of them not sticking that well. The generic just came off a little easier than the brand name.

Oh yeah, I'll add my voice of support to those just trying to quit. Definitely very worth the aggrivation and it does get easier. I still get the occasional craving though, probably will for life. Just gotta let em pass.

I am on my way to setting my quit date and planning my strategy as well.

I was just at Costco and saw the 21 mg (for those of us who are addicted to 1 pack of nicotine a day) for $52.99; the next (2) steps were 32.99 each.

When I quickly tallied it I came up with roughly between $150.00-$200.00 it would cost in total for all the steps and to fulfill all the weeks of the patch (it seems to me) about 3 months. Still cheaper than what we are paying to support our addiction per month.

I will use that quitnet support; Phillip Morris also has some tips (I think its ironic that you can find tips on a cigarette manufacturer...but anyway) they do have tips there.

There is also a 1-800-no-butts # you can call. Not sure if this works in all regions of the country, I got it from my Dr. here in CA.

My doctor has given me a prescription for Zyban for the first couple of weeks (while you are still smoking) then adding the patch as part of the process (when you have stopped). Taking the 2 together.

I did find out from my health insurance if you get the generic of Zyban (which I cant remember the name, starts with a B) then they will cover it for the co-pay; as this particular generic drug is used for things other than smoking cessastion.

We will need support and I intend to use any resources I can get my hands on to give up my addiction to nicotine.

Have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Ga. we can no longer smoke at work, restaurants, inside any bldgs basically, it is now against the law, so my employer went in with GlaxoSmithKline (to help us kick the habit)and offered us the patches for $6 a box and they take it out of our check for 10 weeks, so for $60 they have provided us with all 3 steps to use, & i jumped on the opportunity for that price. We also got a notice that our insurance would be increasing if we were still smokers as of Jan. 1st this year.

In some of the boxes there was a $5.00 off any NicoDerm CQ coupon. I have gave away all i had except for one , & I will be more than happy to mail it to someone if they need it. There are plenty of people at my work that ordered these patches also , so i will check to see if any of them have these coupons left, and if so i will send to all who want one.

Just PM me if you are interested in the one coupon that i do have.

i got the patches from costco w/ their coupon so they were $29.99 i think, but they made me really jittery, ive tried a few times & i can never bear to keep it on for more than 2 or 3 hrs, even tho i started on step 2...im still smoking like 1 cig every other day but that's a big improvement, maybe i'll try the gum to help with that

i have one of those coupons that was in the paper for $5 off on the patches i think, if anyone wants i'll snail mail it to them