Secret Santa for males

Karmarose

My hubby has to buy a gift for a secret santa in his new shop. We're new here so we don't know the guy. He asked someone what he likes and they told him that all he does is piddle around in his lawn and drink whiskey. So, I said we should get him a Lowe's card. We have to spend at least $15, but I don't know if it's weird to give just a gift card or what we should do. I don't want hubby to look like a fool so I'm hoping you all can help. Thanks.

I think gift cards are find for Secret Santas. We have them at work too and both people dh and I got wanted gift cards. What I did was buy the gift card and put it in a little red decorative bag with some tissue paper and a dangly ornament from the handle to give it some interest instead of just opening a card. Its only like another $2 or so to buy a bag and an ornament.

i was looking around the net for unique stuff.since you don't know what kind of whiskey he drinks you could make him a basket.maybe a planter for outside filledwith christmas confetti stuff and like 15 different bottles of different whiskey in the little airplane bottles.they are only 1.00 or 1.25 usually.it could be fun too to see how many different whiskeys there are.tie a bow around it

guy gift... cigar set (cutter, nice lighter) with a few good cigars. bottle works too, plenty of holiday sampler sets at the liquor stores. what are you going to get at lowes for 15? a bag of fertilizer??

yes big lots has several shot glass type gifts, even some jack daniels coffee and other whiskey, poker, shot glass type christmas gifts.

Careful on giving alcohol for work secret santa, yes it might be what the guy likes but at my job it would bet me fired to even bring it to work. Many places have policies on this kind of thing that apply even to holiday things. The shot glass idea (esp. tic-tac-toe) counds cute though