Dell notebook delivery date?

headlinenews

I received the following response today regarding delivery. I ordered on 11/28:

Dear Valued Customer,

This message is being sent to advise you of a delay with respect to a promotional item included in your recent order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship this item sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay, and will not be able to ship this order until on or before 01-03-2006.

If you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order by returning any items you have already received, at Dell's expense, for a full refund. Please note that you do need to return all items received for Dell to process a full refund. To obtain further information, or to cancel your order, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call 1-800-289-3355 ext. 7266966.

Please include your order number xxxxxxxxx or customer number with any correspondence you return to Dell.

Thank you,

Dell Inc. Notification Team

I am so upset, I'm not sure what I should do. I called, and the only thing they said they could do was 1 day expedited shipping. I plan on calling and speaking with someone else. Did anyone else receive this email? -Melissa

I couldn't be more happier with dell shipping so far. I ordered a B130 during there special after Thanksgiving. When I placed the order it said estimated shipping on 12/19. I went ahead and paid for 2-day instead of standard when I ordered it just to make sure it arrived before Xmas. Come to find out I received the laptop 8 days later, which was 2 weeks ago and I received the free printer on Mon.

You know they are still selling the B120 and advertising arriving before Xmas I saw an ad in the paper for it yesterday and ad on TV. I would mention that when you call them back.

Sorry your having this problem. Best of Luck !!

I am so upset, I'm not sure what I should do. I called, and the only thing they said they could do was 1 day expedited shipping. I plan on calling and speaking with someone else. Did anyone else receive this email? -Melissa

They won't even give me that on the replacement for the defective laptop they sent me... Said they would, then they won't. It's on it's way. No it's not. It's being built... Their story changes every 2 minutes. They've cancelled the replacement order without telling anyone. I've spent 5+ hours on the phone with them so far. Dell's customer service sucks!

I also ordered the B120 on 11-28-05 and also got the free printer. Both were shipped out on 12-9-05 according to the website and i did receive the printer on the 12th. Well Monday there is still no word on the notebook so i call them to see whats up. After being hung up on and holding for well over 2 hours i am finally told that apparently your laptop was built, boxed, UPS tracking label attached, and then forgotten to put on the truck and is still at the warehouse, WTF? So i complain slightly and he takes the $49 shipping off and credits it which is a good start but then i start thinking that there is no reason i should have to wait a month on this . I ask if he can guarantee it to be here by Xmas (even though it is a gift for myself) and he says it should but no guarantees so i ask for a supervisor. The supervisor apoligizes and tells me he will call me within 24-48 hours and let me know something but there is a strong possibility he could discount my order more. Still no word but he should call today but i should get this laptop, printer, and the 512 mb of ram for a total of $460ish and hopefully less. The Dell service problems are true but the price is also nice.