Buy - Find Cheaper - Return?

Monstermile

Anyone else suffer from this?? Impulse buy at a great price and then find cheaper online or somewhere else a few days later and then return the original purchase??? Not too bad for me this year. Just a few movies that I grabbed early access at Best Buy and then found several dollars cheaper at amazon.

With Best Buy, you can often call and get an adjustment.  I bought a pair of 32" Vizio TVs one year.  Best Buy offered a much lower price on a Dynex 32" set, so I bought two of those.  I set both up in a room, tweaked the controls, and asked my wife to pick.  She preferred the Dynex.  Best Buy had the sets on sale for a lower price twice before Christmas and I simply called for an adjustment.  

For smaller margins, you have to decide if the refund is worth the effort.

I do this somewhat by plan.  Buy at the best price I am aware of or the one that is immediately available to me (a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush), then find a better deal, or a different item later and return the first.

Last year it was 3D Blue-ray player that I returned (both bought online within 24 hours.  This year I have bought multiple "single-serve" blenders ultimately to choose one and return the rest.

Anyone else suffer from this?? Impulse buy at a great price and then find cheaper online or somewhere else a few days later and then return the original purchase??? Not too bad for me this year. Just a few movies that I grabbed early access at Best Buy and then found several dollars cheaper at amazon.

Exact same scenario here with the movies - BB & Amazon. And some jammies & house pants at Shopko.

I'm not one to return things, but I am this time with Roku 2. This wasn't an impulse buy. I planned to buy it from Office Depot since they had it on sale BF. I placed my order soon after the sale went live Thursday. However, I found it for $10 less on Amazon. OD won't PM Amazon so I canceled the first order and ordered from Amazon.

I still hate to return/cancel. I've learned my lesson for the future...wait for Amazon!