you guys need to becareful fraud out there

mommie75

I get e-mails like that from ebay and paypal all the time. If I didn't just make a purchase, I immediatly forward it to paypals spam address. If you are ver unsure, just open another window and log in to check. I never click links in e-mails anymore. The bad guys are jus getting too good with their fake sites and e-mails.

Mommie75,

That e-mail was NOT from paypal. It was a fake. Somebody is trying to get info on your password. DO NOT follow the link in the e-mail. It may look like you are re-directing to paypal, but you are NOT. If you have already put your password info, please go to the paypal site (www.paypal.com -- not the link in the e-mail) and change it immediately.

I got these kind of e-mails ALL the time. I just ignore them... or send it to [email protected]. If you login into your account at paypal (www.paypal.com, NOT the link in the e-mail), you'll see that there's no such charge in your account!

It doesn't matter if it spells out "such and such. com" or not, there are ways to spell out something and then it go someplace else. Try clicking my like here to see an example... http://www.paypal.com

If you are in doubt, NEVER click a link AT ALL. Rt click on it and view the properties of the link. 9 times out of 10 it will spell out a legit site, only to send you to another site where the phishing will happen.

Alright let me be more specific. I also look at the bottom of my screen to see where its going.

I get emails supposedly from paypal telling me that I have added a new email address to my account. There is a link wanting me to confirm the addition or to dispute it. This must be another way of getting your info. Because when I go to paypal.com there is nothing showing a pending email addition.

I get emails supposedly from paypal telling me that I have added a new email address to my account. There is a link wanting me to confirm the addition or to dispute it. This must be another way of getting your info. Because when I go to paypal.com there is nothing showing a pending email addition.

I would bet it's another phishing attempt!

You could change your password, just to be sure...

This is the one that got my mom. She tried to dispute it, it asked for her card number, she gave it. Luckily she emailed me right away about it (she didn't know she'd been scammed, she thought someone really got access to her PayPal account and was going to wipe it out). She cancelled her card, so no harm was done (just a bit of inconvenience while waiting for the new one).