Amazon.com Black Friday Sale

Brad

I'm disappointed so far.  I liked it in previous years where the movies was listed for all week not just a few days at a time.  Maybe that will change at some point today, at least I hope.  Plus it seems for the days they have posted, they don't have as many deals.

Also while I was looking in the video games, I saw no mention of a sale for NCAA 14.  I figured it would be somewhere.  Might miss out on the Madden deal too since its going to be on sale the same time as Walmart begins their sale.

I'm sure it will pick up soon, but movies and music is all I was looking to get on Amazon.  At least the music selection was varied, but nothing I really needed.

Looking like Amazons going to have that Toshiba external hard drive that Staples and Office Depot are gonnna have for $49.99 around 8:30 eastern tonight. I'm going to be all over that if its a price match to Staples and Office Depot or less. A lot easier to deal with Amazon than any other online store on Black Friday when you can pull it off.

That is a good deal! I could use them for college kids. Thanks for the info!

I think I remember them having Skylanders Swap Force Characters buy 2 get 1 free.  I didn't see it upcoming yet, BUT do you think they would be under toys&games or something else?

Looks like those are at 3:10 PT on Thursday.  :(  I'll be in Walmart, and I doubt my phone will be fast enough to nab any. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what time the 32" television for $98 is going to go on sale?  I've been looking at the lightning deals and I don't see it.

Nobody has any inside information. Everyone sees the same pages on the site. The best deals they'll probably save for Thursday and Friday, so you might know when they update the Lightning Deals at midnight PST on those days.

it only has the next 2 days of stuff on it, but i am really disappointed in how they are doing things this year

The video game calendar goes for the whole week, so I'm hoping to see the movie/tv calendar do the same thing soon.  I've only got my eye out for Monsters U and Turbo, and I'm thinking we won't see those until Thursday.  I've got an alarm set on my phone for Madden 25, now I just need to set alarms for my movies.  My family makes fun of my little alarms going off during Thanksgiving dinner. 

Sorry in advance If this question has already been asked and answered somewhere. But I did not see it asked and answered, anywhere. 

So I know, In morning you can see all the lightning deals amazon is running that day. My question is: Do they add any items to it during the day?

or is what is there all that will be there for the entire day.

• Like 1

Sorry in advance If this question has already been asked and answered somewhere. But I did not see it asked and answered, anywhere. 

So I know, In morning you can see all the lightning deals amazon is running that day. My question is: Do they add any items to it during the day?

or is what is there all that will be there for the entire day.

sometimes they throw something in there to match a sale elsewhere

How do you know what price the deal will be??? I see the toshiba 1TB hard drive is going on at 7:40 pm and I clicked on it and it shows a price of 59.?? Will it be less than that at 7:40?

yes it will be but price not known till the sale starts for it

• Like 1

Just wanted to post a small PSA and make sure everyone is aware of how amazon does their discount on the lightning deals so you can avoid being overcharged and having an agrevating shopping experience like I had today.

When you check out when you are on the payment screen there is a line item with a radio button that says "Use your $XX.XX gift card or promotional balance". Make sure you leave this box checked! If you uncheck it the discount goes away and you will be charged more. I inadvertently thought it was trying to charge part of my order to a saved gift card and unchecked it.

I was charged more, but in my haste to complete the transaction went ahead with it figuring I could get customer service to fix it. Big mistake since it was a nightmare to get fixed. Customer service did eventually refund the difference in price to me, but not until I pretty much told the phone rep that either he helps me or get a supervisor. I had a screen print of the time purchase was done, how much the deal was, how much time was left and the percentage still available. I think because I had that and was able to provide enough detail to confirm I was eligible for the deal is truly the only reason I was finally refunded the difference.

The SAME thing happened to me with the Skylanders Lightning deal on Friday.  I checked the box too, and you're right, it was a nightmare.  CS did eventually change the price on my order, but it was such a pain.  I don't like the new system at all, but now that I know, I won't make the same mistake again.

Amazon has a ton of CDs that will be on sale at Walmart for 6.96 on Black Friday for 6.99 now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=s9_acss_bw_hsb_MusicNov19_s4?docId=1001430831&ie=UTF8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=01CG4JMBEK5TX0FC4XWR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1674352242&pf_rd_i=5174 Just got Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, and a couple others.

• Like 1

CALENDAR LINKS - If there is any way to edit these links to benefit Gotta Deal for the clicks, someone please let me know and I'll update them!

Movies & TV:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Item/21580

Pets:

http://smile.amazon.com/b?node=7853943011

Music:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Item/21581

Software:

http://smile.amazon.com/b/?node=8048925011

Video Games:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Item/21582

Edited by Brad