Walmart Thanksgiving

jakesmom

I apologize if this has already been asked/explained....but here goes.

So walmart Thanksgiving ad says 1 hour guarantee for the 6pm items.  Does that mean I can go at 6 and if they are out of the items I want I will def get them before xmas.  Or is there still a limit on items for people there waiting before 6?  I just feel like there has to be a catch, and if i'm going to leave my family for a tv, I want to know the facts.

I apologize if this has already been asked/explained....but here goes.

So walmart Thanksgiving ad says 1 hour guarantee for the 6pm items.  Does that mean I can go at 6 and if they are out of the items I want I will def get them before xmas.  Or is there still a limit on items for people there waiting before 6?  I just feel like there has to be a catch, and if i'm going to leave my family for a tv, I want to know the facts.

if the item is gone, you get a giftcard you purchase for the item, it will ship to the store in the coming weeks, when it gets there you go pick it up and turn over the card you got for it. you have until 7pm to claim one, in other words they guarantee for 1 full hour that you will get one of those items, they just dont say you will walk out of the store with it that night

has anyone actually tried this?  They don't run out of the guarantee cards?  and what about the lines to get a guarantee card?  I want the computer but I don't want to show up and wait in line forever for it.  I am ok with a guarantee card so how late can I show up to get it without worrying about them being gone or cutting the line off?

I have been wondering the same thing.They cant run out of cards, its guranteed but i just wonder even if your in line between6 & 7 if it turns 7pm and they havent handed you one yet are you outta luck? My friend went last yr and got a tv no problem.Yes it was shipped to store before Christmas.Guess we shall have to wait and see.

My son got my iPad last year when Walmart started doing this. He actually got the iPad that night. He told me that he only had to stand in one line but he seems to think if a person wants a larger item, such as that TV, they will get a ticket in one line then go to another line to actually pick up the TV.

They clear the lines pretty quickly once the sale starts. Last year the people standing in the lines at my Walmart were through the line in a matter of minutes. Then people were literally just walking up to the spot and getting their TVs/etc. So I don't think you will be still standing in a line at 7. We hit a different Walmart a few hours after the initial sale last year and they still had pallets of TVs left over!

Edited by princesschaos13
  • Like 1

Awesome.  I already purchased the items I wanted from Target at Walmart yesterday.  I pulled up the ad on my phone and Walmart gladly matched the prices for me.  Now, there is no reason for me to go to Target.  I will just have to go back to Walmart to get the items that I want from them.  LOL  And with the 1-hour guarantee card, I'm hoping I won't have any problems.  LOL

So, if I was to get to Walmart (let's say) at 6:55pm, would I still be able to get a guarantee card if they ran out of the item(s) that I want?

I wouldnt cut it that close to the time......Your watch and the employees stopping the line, may not be in sync.....