Decent Rechargable battery and Charger (AA/AAA)

turtle*

Hey guys i'm looking at some good deals on a decent Charger and some rechargable batteries as well. Mainly looking for AA and AAA. I picked up a set at my local walmart 4 AA and a wall charger for like $7.99 and i'm not very pleased with it. It has a light that tells you its in charge but when its full the light doesn't turn off. So i need something with a status light. I've also heard of some chargers that actually cycle the batterys, say you poped in a battery with 50% charger in there, it will drain it complete an then full charge it. Let me know what you guys have.

I have a Duracell one that I think I got at WM and it works great. Charges up to 4 batteries. There is a little LED for each battery and while it is charging it is red, but when it is done the light turns green. Also does it very fast.

I got it as a package with the charger and 4 batteries. But I have charged other makes of rechargable batteries in it and it does fine. It charges both AA and AAA, plus you can charge both NiMH and NiCd with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had good experience with batteryspace.com.

I bought a V2000 Superfast Smart Charger +12 AA 2300mAh + 12AAA 750mAh, Universal Power 110- 240V ( for $33.79 ). That was an awesome deal last year, considering that the charger was universal and I got a charger which charges the batteries in less than 2 hours. Nowadays they have upgarded this charged to V3150 which has better quality and compact size.

My AA batteries still work as new, although I believe that after 75 recharges, the batteries take more time to charges (@ 100 minutes) instead of earlier time which used to be about 70-80 minutes.

The charger shows a red light when it is charging and green light when the batteries are charged. That keeps the wondering away and I can unplug the charger as soon as I am done.

My digital camera (which uses this batteries) has never complained, but when using a digital camera, my personal advise is to keep an extra pair in hand, in case one set goes dry.

This particular model is not longer available, but batteryspace.com has a good set of charger/battery combos at

batteryspace.com and click on the left link that says Cells/ Charger combo and select the one you want.

There are some concerns with quick chargers that the batteries get very hot. Trust me, they dont.

For batteries, brand Powerizer (also available at batteryspace.com) sufficed for me. Go for the ones rated at 2300mAH. They (pack of 4) lasted about 300 digital photos for me on my Canon PowerSHot A75 which also included some vidoes, which is very power consuming.

I am not sure if it actually cyles the battery before charging it. You can get more details from batteryspace.com.

But it has support for world wide voltage. (110-220V)

Powerizer Slim charger for NiMH/Nicd rechargeable battery charger.

Recharge 1-2pcs AA or AAA NiMH batteries in 2 hours and 3-4pcs batteries in 4 hours with switching power technology. It is high efficiency, compact size, & lightweight.

With worldwide input for 100-240V AC 50/60HZ

4 independent channels for quick charge/trickle charge/bad cell detection.

Equipped with a dual LED lamp to indicate proper charging

Automatic charging current selection for AA & AAA batteries

Intelligent microprocessor controlled.

Negative delta V cut-off function.

Temperature sensor to avoid the battery from being damage by over-heating.

Safety timer controlled.

Especially designed for rechargeable batteries used in Digital Camera & Pocket PC

The above mentioned features mention about being microprocessor controlled but I am not sure about battery cycling.

If you go for combo deals (battery + charger) at batteryspace.com, that will be the best and you have a lot of choices.

All the best in your search.

At Target I got the Energizer one that charges in 15 minutes. It has a fan on it to cool it and it has the light that changes color to show whne it is done charging. Came with 2 AAA and 4 AA for $35, also has the car adapter with it so you can charge at home or on the go. Menards just had the 4 pk of AA rechargables $4.97 with coupon.