Custom Shirts or GottaDeal Anniversary shirts, are you wearing one?

jaymacfla

What type of specialized shirt will you be wearing this BF?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will you design or wear a special shirt this year for Black Friday?

• Gottadeal 10 year Anniversary shirt
    • Customized group shirt
    • Special Cause Charity shirt (like Komen for the cure)
    • Store bought pre-printed BF shirt
    • Heck no, I'm wearing a heavy coat silly, it's much too cold for that!
    • Traitorous shirt from another site (boo-hiss!)
    • Previous year Gottadeal shirt, cause I represent!

Hello all. I was recently talking with other groups that either camp, line up, or shop together as a group. I have always wanted to do our own custom shirts, but was worried about the cost, design and what our defining statement would be. One great point that was brought up was to have a group name for ourselves. After much thought, our group name will be the "Black Friday Vacationers". This is because in order to remain competitive, we must take vacation from our respective jobs.  I have already designed the shirts and we hope to get enough interest to make the overall cost go down for our small group. Our objective is to market them to close friends and family members who support us.

In addition to wearing the custom shirt, the Gotta-deal anniversary shirt will also be worn during newscasts (like previous years shirts) and hopefully during live-stream events which are in the planning stages right now, so keep your fingers crossed for us!

Do you plan on making custom shirts or will you wear the anniversary shirt? or both? I have added a poll to see how you are leaning on this subject. Have fun!

Edited poll to include previous edition Gottadeal shirts!

post-125687-0-80747000-1382210305_thumb.jpg

post-125687-0-74751300-1382210326_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaymacfla

I plan to wear the GD 10 Year shirt that I won in the guess the first ad & date contest.  Unfortunately in New York I have to wear a good coat over it, which hides the front except when I can unzip the coat and hides the back except in the rare occasions that I might take the coat off entirely in a store.

I also have older GD t-shirts in good condition, which I might loan out if anyone, like my nephew, joins me on Black Friday this year (but it looks like I will be working alone this time).

• Like 2

I plan to wear the GD 10 Year shirt that I won in the guess the first ad & date contest.  Unfortunately in New York I have to wear a good coat over it, which hides the front except when I can unzip the coat and hides the back except in the rare occasions that I might take the coat off entirely in a store.

I also have older GD t-shirts in good condition, which I might loan out if anyone, like my nephew, joins me on Black Friday this year (but it looks like I will be working alone this time).

That's what I do, share the older shirts.

I didn't answer the poll question but I'm going to wear the shirt I won the year before last... this time I know where it is.  Unless I come up with an interesting design on my own.

If anyone does design their own shirt I think many of us would like to see your creativity... perhaps pics could be posted in this thread or a new one started?

• Like 2

I didn't answer the poll question but I'm going to wear the shirt I won the year before last... this time I know where it is.  Unless I come up with an interesting design on my own.

If anyone does design their own shirt I think many of us would like to see your creativity... perhaps pics could be posted in this thread or a new one started?

The shirt you see as my avatar is my own design. We will be wearing this and Gottadeal shirts.

I've thought about making some t-shirts this year for my small group.  I created some a few years ago for our family Disney trip using plain t-shirts and transfer paper.  They turned out well and held up through several washes.

• Like 1

My option isn't on here. I will probably wear a previous year GD BF shirt. I have 3 from previous years. 

Fixed the poll. Vote away!

I've thought about making some t-shirts this year for my small group.  I created some a few years ago for our family Disney trip using plain t-shirts and transfer paper.  They turned out well and held up through several washes.

I want to fly either a Gottadeal flag or an OCCUBUY BEST BUY flag! Now to find a seamstress!