Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

Huh. Now you've got me curious to learn what tablets (if any) play .mkvs straight out of the box.

I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII and it plays .mkv files without conversion, so I imagine the Samsungs are good to go.  But, not completely sure.  It's nice to just throw something on there vs. waiting to convert.

Edited by jrdoa

Ok I have a last minute item someone asked for. I am not sure what to buy/suggest for the person. What they want in a tablet is

simple to use

bigger screen (8.9 or higher) with HD

comes with/ or can buy readily available compatible keyboard for it

costs less than 299.

*wants it for web/shopping,

entertainment, music,

EMAIL, not documents so much...

can someone give me TWO reasonable suggestions.

I am dizzy from reading this thread.

Edited by allshoppedout

Ok I have a last minute item someone asked for. I am not sure what to buy/suggest for the person. What they want in a tablet is

simple to use

bigger screen (8.9 or higher) with HD

comes with/ or can buy readily available compatible keyboard for it

costs less than 299.

*wants it for web/shopping,

entertainment, music,

EMAIL, not documents so much...

can someone give me TWO reasonable suggestions.

I am dizzy from reading this thread.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but http://tech.woot.com/offers/asus-10-1-32gb-tablet-with-keyboard-10?utm_campaign=Commission+Junction+-+10860750&utm_source=Commission+Junction+Publisher+-+1412508&utm_medium=affiliate+-+Product+Catalog

I have that tablet with Keyboard the TF300 and love it.  I would not buy it reconditioned though.  Last year I got it for $259 from BB.  My DS has the previous generation Asus Eee Pad and I loved it so much I got my own last year for Xmas.

Have them look into the Asus since the keyboard attaches and actually ads power to the tablet.

I have that tablet with Keyboard the TF300 and love it.  I would not buy it reconditioned though.

I am normally reticent about refurb electronics, but ASUS has an excellent track record; my desktop is an ASUS refurb, and it's been humming along with no problems for 3+ years now.

If the tablet is a special buy , it won't qualify for some reason due to it being on sale. Or maybe if it's on sale it doens't qualify. I tried to use it a couple of weeks ago and it took it off all the tablets in my cart except 1 and it was on sale already. Also, I would definitely go for a brand name over the Hisense. It's a walmart chinese tablet, It doesn't even compare to these other better quality tablets. I bought 3 for my grandkids last year and one only lasted until April. Luckily I had paid 5.00 for a 3 year  full warranty and I bought her a better one, but it is still not as good as these. I bought mine on best buy yesterday, it's a better tablet than this years for almost same money. My mom and my son also bought one, that makes 6 kindles in this family. 

The coupon has the following exclusions:

Discount applies to tablets regularly priced $149.99 or more. Includes clearance. Models vary by store. Not valid on kiosk orders. Excludes Apple® products and tablet item nos. 279977, 310576, 108945, 984032, 130407 and 306702.Limit one per customer.

From looking at the site, it appears nothing else is included. Looks like they said bundle when it wasn't one. The product page for that item 315623 says nothing about a bundle.

I bought the 8" the other day at the VIP event, and it had a USB connector that wasn't included when I bought my 7" from a different retailer.  I don't know if this is a difference between an 8 and the 7, or if it was the difference between Sam's and Staples ;)

OH and Staples today has an additional $50 off of tablets (all of them) priced $199 and up with code 18702.  If you want to shop instore, the coupon can be printed from the web site.    It made the prices on the 8' $199 which was lower than any of the Black Friday prices, so I will probably upgrade to an 8 inch for me, and return my 7'

Edited by biomajor
  • Like 1

I bought the 8" the other day at the VIP event, and it had a USB connector that wasn't included when I bought my 7" from a different retailer.  I don't know if this is a difference between an 8 and the 7, or if it was the difference between Sam's and Staples ;)

OH and Staples today has an additional $50 off of tablets (all of them) priced $199 and up with code 18702.  If you want to shop instore, the coupon can be printed from the web site.    It made the prices on the 8' $199 which was lower than any of the Black Friday prices, so I will probably upgrade to an 8 inch for me, and return my 7'

I got that coupon from Staples but tried to use it and it took nothing off.  Says item does not qualify on any tablet I put in.

I got that coupon from Staples but tried to use it and it took nothing off.  Says item does not qualify on any tablet I put in.

I tried also (one the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Brown /Gold). I figured it must have at least worked on the white one because its sold out. Maybe its a glitch...

Okay now I am really confused since seeing that Staples has 50.00 off tablets 149.99 or more.  They have a Kindle Fire (8GB) that would be 119.00 (I believe) after 50.00.  they have a Nexus that would be 129.50 after and it is 32 GB.  I have a Hisense Tablet on layaway that is quadcore and is 16 GB with option for mini SD card. 

I just don't know what to do.  I don't know very much about Tablets.  I will be getting 2 of them for my 15 year old sons.  They do not do many games and will mostly use it for facebook and youtube.

I need your help..

Or, do I pay a little more and get the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3?

Edited by starbeck96

I just tried and initially if I chose to shop now the coupon did not apply.  I went ahead and manually entered the coupon code and it did take the $50 off the brown/gold galaxy tab 3.

That is how I was trying to add the coupon also. I just tried again and the same thing happens. I get this when I go to checkout :

• $50 off tablets $149 or more or mobile phones $49.99 or more. Limit 1..
  • Coupon #:  18702
  • Coupon not applied: Minimum order total requirement has not been met.
  • Remove Coupon
Edited by deelite

It worked for me and I am excited that it did.

IDK what I am doing wrong then. Trying to get the 7.0 one and it wont let me even though its $159.

$50 OFF

tablets priced $149.99 or more

I'm done with this...going to find another deal...lol.

Edited by deelite

IDK what I am doing wrong then.   :(

I'm not sure can you clear cookies and junk and then restart your computer/tablet?  I had EVERYTHING in and was ready to order and it wanted me to enter STATE, well i clicked on it at least 10 times the drop down menu would show up for 1/2 of a second, no where near long enough for me to scroll down to PA, so I had to dash downstairs and go to our desktop and re-process the whole thing. I thought for sure I was gonna lose the coupon, but it worked.

Maybe they are having some glitches?

by the way HUGE thank you if you hadn't posted this, I probably wouldn't have know until it was too late. :trampolin

• Like 1

Can you watch youtube on the kindle fire?

Yep

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/kindle/dp/2013/shared/headline-socialmedia._V357424953_.gif

Facebook & Twitter

Kindle Fire tablets are fully integrated with Facebook and Twitter, making it easy to connect and share with friends and family. Sync Facebook photos, share quotes and passages straight from your book, and more.

YouTube

Enjoy your favorite YouTube videos—easily discover, bookmark, and view video content.

Yep

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/kindle/dp/2013/shared/headline-socialmedia._V357424953_.gif

Facebook & Twitter

Kindle Fire tablets are fully integrated with Facebook and Twitter, making it easy to connect and share with friends and family. Sync Facebook photos, share quotes and passages straight from your book, and more.

YouTube

Enjoy your favorite YouTube videos—easily discover, bookmark, and view video content.

Thank you. 

I read somewhere that you can't watch amazon prime videos if you have an android tablet.  The downside is that the kindles don't have a camera.

Thank you. 

I read somewhere that you can't watch amazon prime videos if you have an android tablet.  The downside is that the kindles don't have a camera.

Some do and some dont. You have to read the descriptions on all of them to be sure. The one that I picked up for my mom from BB Monday for $99 has a camera but its an older model.

IDK what I am doing wrong then. Trying to get the 7.0 one and it wont let me even though its $159.

$50 OFF

tablets priced $149.99 or more

I'm done with this...going to find another deal...lol.

I'm sorry.  I don't know why it isn't working, but it does still work on the 8".  I had the 7, but was having envy issues with my son's 8'.  It wasn't that much bigger/heavier, and it has double the memory built in.   I got the brown one.   I got my son the white one, so we won't get them mixed up. 

Edited by biomajor