Still looking for a cheap laptop?

RossMAN

Are you still looking for a cheap laptop?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still looking for a cheap laptop?

• Yes
    • No

since $399 is not going to happen, i still think $499 is worth it. my dh told me the other day he wants one, so i am on the hunt for one, though with no luck. why couldnt he have told me this on BF? i would have frozen my :gd_shake: off for him, lol. :giggle:

I got in line at 11:00 PM @ BB and there were already 50 people ahead of me. Of course there were only 10 laptops available. So then I went to Circuit City which had around 35 people in line but only 15 laptops. So we went to CompUSA then headed home.

Next year if you want a cheap laptop you might have to get in line 6-8PM, depending on your area. This year some GottaDeal'ers reported getting in line at 4AM, store opens at 5AM, by 6AM they're out the store with a brand new < $400 laptop.

We'll be buying TWO laptops in the spring for two of our boys who are graduating high school, but I'm not sure what all we'll be looking for when it comes time to buy. I'll want one that is good enough to get them through but not have all the bells and whistles b/c they don't use them for gaming.

I got in line at 11:00 PM @ BB and there were already 50 people ahead of me. Of course there were only 10 laptops available. So then I went to Circuit City which had around 35 people in line but only 15 laptops. So we went to CompUSA then headed home.

Next year if you want a cheap laptop you might have to get in line 6-8PM, depending on your area. This year some GottaDeal'ers reported getting in line at 4AM, store opens at 5AM, by 6AM they're out the store with a brand new < $400 laptop.

11PM here in OKC. First guy was in line at 8:30PM :grandpa:

I bought my 17 DD one a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving and I am soo very jealous that I have put one on my list of things to buy for me!! I didn't want to chance it on BF for hers. Of course since she is 17 and moody, i just may have to make my threat serious and "take away her presents" if she isn't nice!!!

Skipped cheap and went straight to Dell.com Great notenooks with the stuff I want and not the stuff they insist I buy. I spent a little more but I feel like I got a LOT MORE. (I bought 2, a great one for me and a good one for hubby) hehe