Anyone had problems WM plasma?

dr_butterfly

We purchased the walmart verio plasma on black friday and we just got around to setting it up over the weekend. When we turned it on everything that's supposed to be black is red and the image is very pixelated. we tried evertying, fixing the contrast, brightness, hue etc.. nothing. We also tried all the connections and it still didn't work not even with our dvd player. Called walmart and they said they would gladly take it back but can't exchange it for nothing comparable since it was a one time deal. Anyone has recommendations on plasma or lcd of this size?

Well even the cheapest plasmas (and I mean cheap both in terms of price and quality) would yield similar results. I used to sell electronics in Sears... No one can tell me that anything other than a Hitachi, Panasonic, or Sharp is worth purchasing. If you stare at all brands side-by-side (which I had the opportunity to do for 8 hours a day), you will see the immense differences between those three brands and everything else.

And I'm sorry this happened to you. In my opinion they should replace it with something similar.

I would suggest to always call the repair department before making a purchase. They can tell you which brands the always see coming in, and which brands never need repair. Working at Sears, I'm sure you got a great view of how great or not so great brands were.

I would suggest to always call the repair department before making a purchase. They can tell you which brands the always see coming in, and which brands never need repair. Working at Sears, I'm sure you got a great view of how great or not so great brands were.

I sure did. And I know exactly which brands were always brought back because the customer wasn't happy with the quality. You also have to realize that stores have access to the best possible broadcast feeds... Pure HD... with better equipment then is available to the average consumer. Hence the television picture will always look better in the store.

We purchased the walmart verio plasma on black friday and we just got around to setting it up over the weekend. When we turned it on everything that's supposed to be black is red and the image is very pixelated. we tried evertying, fixing the contrast, brightness, hue etc.. nothing. We also tried all the connections and it still didn't work not even with our dvd player. Called walmart and they said they would gladly take it back but can't exchange it for nothing comparable since it was a one time deal. Anyone has recommendations on plasma or lcd of this size?

It sounds like you got the hd version of the viore. Thats a common problem that comes with having hd without hd channels.

Tips.

1. check if you hooked it up right

2. is your viore compatible with your satellite/cable/antenna?

3. Try contacting them

[email protected]

For general inquiries please e-mail us at:

[email protected]

2618 SE "J" Street Suite # 8

Bentonville , AR 72712

I know from when I worked at Kmart, RCA/GE made terrible tvs. They were always being returned and repaired and resold. I made the mistake of buying one that had been "refurbished" for 1/2. Got 8 years out of it before it died, but the picture was never quite right. You get what you pay for I guess.

Ok so I finally got in touch with someone at viore mind you only after 2 emails and like 10 voice mails. Anyways the tech support guy said they had problems with the VIDEO BOARD in that particular unit PDP4210EA and that they wouldn't be getting parts for it until the end of the month. My husband is going to take ours back to WM and get a refund and shop somewhere else for a plasma of that size. Bummer but on the bright size I'm glad it happened now and not in 3 months time. Thanks to all for your concern. Hopefully the big sales planned for wkend before christmas include a plasma or 2. Wouldn't that be wishful thinking!

Ok so I finally got in touch with someone at viore mind you only after 2 emails and like 10 voice mails. Anyways the tech support guy said they had problems with the VIDEO BOARD in that particular unit PDP4210EA and that they wouldn't be getting parts for it until the end of the month. My husband is going to take ours back to WM and get a refund and shop somewhere else for a plasma of that size. Bummer but on the bright size I'm glad it happened now and not in 3 months time. Thanks to all for your concern. Hopefully the big sales planned for wkend before christmas include a plasma or 2. Wouldn't that be wishful thinking!

I'm sure many plasmas will be on sale in the next few weeks.

Did I hear someone say RCS makes bad tv's? I just put one on layaway. In the ad it says RCA 52" Projection TV, intergrated ATSC tuner for over air HD signal, 16:9, widescreen, composite, component &DVI inputs. It was $898.95 so I thought it was a good deal. What do you all think?