Best Buy is getting really bad

new_counter

OK,

So they messed up BF for many of us and screwed some of us out of laptops....

Here is better, in todays ad they have a list of movies that are 3 for $20, I went to the store this AM at 10:15 (they open at 10), and almost none of the movies listed were available, 3 that I wanted were definately not.

I asked an employee for help, they check the computer and said they didn't have any and don't plan getting any. I asked if they sold out of there stock and she said 'no' they just don't have any.

To make matters better, I came home and orded the same 3 movies from their website got a confirm at 11:39 and then at 12:50 got another email saying my order was canceled because they don't have the movies in stock...

Am I wrong to be getting seriously annoyed? I admit that the add did not state a promised minimum # per store...but come on none?

Well, I have wanted one of the new CD's that came out on Tuesday. Our store didn't get them. They won't issue me an explanation, and as a matter of a fact get mean and rude when you ask about them, eventhough they have signage up advertising the cd in stock. I am honestly not too sure why I was even back in the store after the black friday computer fiasco, but I guess I am not too bright.

OK,

So they messed up BF for many of us and screwed some of us out of laptops....

Here is better, in todays ad they have a list of movies that are 3 for $20, I went to the store this AM at 10:15 (they open at 10), and almost none of the movies listed were available, 3 that I wanted were definately not.

I asked an employee for help, they check the computer and said they didn't have any and don't plan getting any. I asked if they sold out of there stock and she said 'no' they just don't have any.

To make matters better, I came home and orded the same 3 movies from their website got a confirm at 11:39 and then at 12:50 got another email saying my order was canceled because they don't have the movies in stock...

Am I wrong to be getting seriously annoyed? I admit that the add did not state a promised minimum # per store...but come on none?

which dvds were you looking for?

I have had big time, major problems with BB lately, and not just on BF (we didn't even go there).

I bought a Nikon D70 camera from them and got the extended warranty. After having to send it in the second time (I think the software I upgraded from Nikon's site screwed it up), it came back missing the lens cap! I called BB and they said I had to call the repair company. Called them and they said it was BB's problem because they didn't put it on the slip that it had a lens cap (excuse me......but who the heck sends away a $1300 camera without a lens cap!!). I spent the next THREE weeks trying to get BB to replace my lens cap. Kept telling them that I wanted my Nikon lens cap, not some cheap replacement! After going through about 5 different manager type people, they said they got one. I asked if it was a Nikon and they said yet. Well, you guessed it......a totally cheap replacement!! When I called for about the 10th time, I was told that they couldn't get a new one from Nikon, that Nikon didn't sell them, plus they said that the repair place totally refused to help them. I told them this wasn't over and hung up. I then emailed CS at the repair place and told them what I thought of their customer service that someone absolutely refused to even look for my lens cap. I then called the place and got another CS rep that checked and told me that they had found the cap and was sending it to me! All it took was a well placed email to the CS manager. About a week later I looked on Nikon's website and guess what.......you can order the lens cap directly from them.

So BB basically lied twice to me (about Nikon and about the repair company), sent me some cheap thing I didn't want and then lied to cover up the fact that they were too lazy to actually check on it!!

Oh.........and they lied about their extended warranty, too. Told me that once a year I could get a new battery just by calling the 800 number. I tried that and was told that I had to first take it to the store (an hour away), have someone look at it and pronounce the battery dead, give me an order number and THEN I had to call back and get it ordered!! I hate liars!!!!!!!

Oh please tell me I didn't just read about my future with BB. I pre-ordered the Mario Kart DS bundle on 11/25, it was supposed to be filled and start shipping on 12/04, today I got an e-mail that it's backordered. Hmmmm, I'm seeing the trend start for me now. :(

Oh please tell me I didn't just read about my future with BB. I pre-ordered the Mario Kart DS bundle on 11/25, it was supposed to be filled and start shipping on 12/04, today I got an e-mail that it's backordered. Hmmmm, I'm seeing the trend start for me now. :(

My friend bought sometime on christmas also. she got the email on Friday. Still on "backorder". Shes not holding her breath on getting it! Good luck to you though

Well, there is false advertising. But it would be more trouble than what it would be worth. Plus that's an issue that is usually up to discretion.

There are actually some states that don't allow loss leader promotions...states having some items at a loss...I think Wisconsin is one.