"Holiday tree prices"

dealluvr

You would think that living in the "Pine Tree State" (Maine) would mean cheaper trees but ours are 25 to 50 depending on the vendor and the tree size. I skip the live tree, went pre-lit artificial and bought a balsa-pine glade plug-in room scent. Cheating, but cleaner, easier and cheaper.

I certainly don't think that cutting down a tree to decorate our house is crel and wrong. The place we buy ours from is locally owned and is a Christmas tree farm. This means that the family that runs it makes income based on growing and selling these trees. I don't see a thing wrong with that.

Same here! The one we bought ours from this year were such nice people. They had a Gingerbread house for the kids where they got to add their name to a paper chain link for their tree. And inside they had hot cocoa with as many MM as you wanted! LOL , coffee, cookies and the kids got to make a Bird ornament out of a pinecone.

if anyone's interested, here is a picture of what $35 will get you around here (yes, it's my tree, not done decorating but you get an idea of how big & full it is - ceiling is 9ft)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/plumsiren/tree3.jpg

Very Nice Tree!:g_thumbri

Anyone see the Christmas Vacation movie where The Griswalds go into the woods to get their tree. Now that is funny!:lolrun:

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Central Kentucky you can get a tree for $25 from the local tree farms. My wife and I got a White Pine. It has really long and soft needles, but looks neat. It sort of looks like 'Cousin It'. :)

I'll have to snap a pic after Christmas (when I get to open the 5MP camera from BB on Black Friday).

I don't know how much a holiday tree would cost, I have never had one of those. I do know how much a Christmas tree would cost though. I sent my husband to get a tree and he paid $20 for a 6ft tree. It is the sorriest tree I have ever seen. Charlie Brownish. But it works.

Here in California, we cut ours down from a tree farm for $35. It is nice, but we got it the weekend after Thanksgiving and I have pine needles everywhere even though I am watering it morning and night! Someday when my kids are grown I will probably get a fake one.

I paid $65 for a 7 foot tree. Tree was cut on Thursday and in my house on Sunday - now that's a fresh tree. It's a family run business, who always treat this cash poor single mom right.

I live in North Carolina where the majority of trees come from if you are on the east coast!

• 2 weeks later...
just a heads up if you're in the market for an artificial tree next year look on your local freecycle. in my area just since monday three people are just giving away their old christmas trees.i guess everybody is going for the pre lit trees. there was a 6 ft one and 2 7 1/2 ft