Best place to buy textbooks?

a lot of people are renting now because it is cheaper and you send the book back at the end of the semester. My stepdaughter said barnes and noble has good prices for textbooks. I would check amazon.com, textbooksrus.com, bookbyte.com, chegg.com or do a search by ISBN number good luck.

I have done pretty good this year with Amazon and Half.com. 3 of the books I got were cheaper to buy, but we will rent 1. The only thing with renting, think about whether it will be used more than 1 semester. If so, it will probably be better to buy.

Thanks for the other links, some of those I hadn't heard of. Needing college books for 2 kids, I need all the help I can get!

Edited by bluebear

we have been happy with Amazon.  They ship for free, and if you rent, include the postage back.  If you buy, they pay way better than our college bookstore if you sell it back.  And they will tell you when you buy it from them how much they'll give you for it if you sell it back.  Plus, they pay in Amazon credit, which makes is easier for the next semester.  Less money to come up with.

We were extremely lucky this year as DD22s school includes books in their tuition.  What a relief!