AOL problem (for CC desktop deal)

erica

I signed up for AOL broadband ($14.95/month) for the free after rebate eMachines T3306. I tried AOL from my old puter, but it wouldn't let me in, it says incorrect screen name. And I called AOL, they said I have not signed up. It's weird because I did it so that I paid the desktop $250 less.

Anyone has the same problem?

I signed up for AOL broadband ($14.95/month) for the free after rebate eMachines T3306. I tried AOL from my old puter, but it wouldn't let me in, it says incorrect screen name. And I called AOL, they said I have not signed up. It's weird because I did it so that I paid the desktop $250 less.

Anyone has the same problem?

:greenappl Cool! Not stuck paying for it for a year! Just a note from the other side of the conscience! LOL>:3paperbag

I did, and CC made me to call AOL, and it seems that AOL person who I talked to didn't know anything about the deal with CC, so he offered me to sign up again, but I didn't do it.

I wonder if this has to do with what happened when we were checking out, the AOL system was down. There were 6 people in the same boat with us, waiting for checking out.

When you signed up do you remember which debit or credit card you used?

Call your credit card company and ask if there are any charges or pending authorizations from AOL?

Call AOL again and ask to speak with a supervisor or manager, it just seems really odd that your info was 'lost'.

I would actually go to the CC store you signed up at, bring your receipts with you. Ask them to re-confirm they registered you and under what AOL screen name?

I don't have AOL receipt, CC took it because it was invalid, as a result of AOL system was down.

When you signed up do you remember which debit or credit card you used?

Call your credit card company and ask if there are any charges or pending authorizations from AOL?

Call AOL again and ask to speak with a supervisor or manager, it just seems really odd that your info was 'lost'.

I will check my credit card again, because I just checked earlier, there was no charges from AOL, only from CC for the merchandise I got.

May be my info was not actually saved because the AOL system crashed at the time?

I don't know, but AOL has lost so many people's information over the last few years, that I would definitely be down at CC making sure that they get it straight. I would not be calling AOL giving them any information OVER THE PHONE. Keep your information safe before you end up living out of that computer box!