Sears Gift Card Problem

cindyhartsell

Did everyone know except me that the Sears Gift Cards were only valid for one day, Nov. 25th? I got mine early, looked around, and was going to come back later in the day, but I was worn out by noon and went home. I decided to look at the gift card to call to check the balance. When it said the card had expired I looked at it closer and noticed the expiration date in small print of course. My local Sears store said they could not do anything about it. I know I did not spend my gift card on the same day I got it last year, but that is how the manager said it worked. I am dissappointed.

Guest all2tired
That sux, it would be real nice of Sears if they would honor it anyway. Not to mention having happy customers means returning customers

Well my Sears handed out numbers at 5:45am to the people in line. Once you got a number you could go in any door. It was nice since I was standing in the middle of the line, right in front of the second set of doors. I would speak to the district manager, or the corporate office. They might can give you a discount on something you want to purchase, or reactivate the card. It does not hurt to ask.

Guest Deals4Me

Well I cant blame sears. It was a special offer, and it was upto you to use it and read the fine print. They were hoping someone would do that...I dont blame them if they dont reactivate it. I was only able to get one after me, and the 200 behind me *itched at the manager cause some kid handed them out at the wrong door.

And how did you not use it? It was good on anything! I ended up getting 3, one for hubby, and I got when when the manager started handing out the few he had left, and then ran away, and I went with hubby and then the manager gave me a second one when I told him it was false advertising and a lot of people could have potential lawsuits....

I ended up getting a Check up Elmo

2 shirts for my son

and 2 boxed jewelry for MIL

Total?: 1.50

sorry about it but you do always gotta read the fine print. they do it so people will miss out i'm sure,lol

Well I cant blame sears. It was a special offer, and it was upto you to use it and read the fine print. They were hoping someone would do that...I dont blame them if they dont reactivate it. I was only able to get one after me, and the 200 behind me *itched at the manager cause some kid handed them out at the wrong door.

And how did you not use it? It was good on anything! I ended up getting 3, one for hubby, and I got when when the manager started handing out the few he had left, and then ran away, and I went with hubby and then the manager gave me a second one when I told him it was false advertising and a lot of people could have potential lawsuits....

I ended up getting a Check up Elmo

2 shirts for my son

and 2 boxed jewelry for MIL

Total?: 1.50

wow yu really made out

Yes I understand you should read the fine print, but Sears should also make it clear that the cards could only be used that day. I don't remember seeing that in the ad, nor any signs to that effect. If they don't reactivate it I can understand why, if the card says that, but as a customer service stand point why not let that person use their $10. They might spend $100 or $200 in your store, or they might spend it somewhere else. I'm willing to bet most people spend alot more than the $10.