WM portable dvd order online canceled?

dorkydiva

I ordered one of the Emerson dual screen dvd players online the night before BF. I just received an email from WM stating that there is a problem with the fulfillment and if they are not able to ship it within 10 days my order will be canceled! Could they actually do this? It seems like if they say something is available on their website they should fill the order no matter what. I'm sure it's not like they can't get more. Sorry about the rant, but I had one of the Durabrands on layaway and canceled it after I was able to get this one online. What a hassle!

Yes, they are allowed to do it. Also, if you look at the terms/policies on their site, you are virtually "signing" this agreement when you make a purchase on their site. Those terms usually state they can cancel an order at anytime for any reason.

I forget, forgive me. Was this a BF deal? If you ordered it before the hours of BF, they could make that their reasoning for cancelling your order - you got in on a price that wasn't valid yet (even though yes, it was posted on their site). That's a guess though.

Your best bet is to call their CS and find out what is going on.

happened to me with the mp3 players.. i ordered 3 the night before thanksgiving with the BF sale price. they led me to believe i was all set. then saturday i got an email stating i'm getting 2 only.. i could have gotten it in the store. i will never do BF shopping online again.. to risky. i did get my hands on one at walmart on sunday for the same BFsale price. look along top shelves you might find one left over . sorry for your loss on the dvd player.

kathy

Guest all2tired
I'm so sorry this happened. Have you tried letting your local station know about this? They should have some consumer advocate on their staff

I'm so sorry this happened. Have you tried letting your local station know about this? They should have some consumer advocate on their staff

I just moved in the area about 6 months ago, and it's the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. It's a 40 minute drive to WM so I'm not sure who my "local" station would be!:D (Most of our news comes out of West Virginia) I guess I could try contacting them, though.

I ordered one of the Emerson dual screen dvd players online the night before BF. I just received an email from WM stating that there is a problem with the fulfillment and if they are not able to ship it within 10 days my order will be canceled! Could they actually do this? It seems like if they say something is available on their website they should fill the order no matter what. I'm sure it's not like they can't get more. Sorry about the rant, but I had one of the Durabrands on layaway and canceled it after I was able to get this one online. What a hassle!

Be sure to check in the automotive department at your local Walmarts as all of the ones in my areas still have quite a few of them. We bought one and we just realized that out of the two, the one that's just the monitor, can be used to hook up video games!!! Can't wait til our next long trip.:g_thumble

I just moved in the area about 6 months ago, and it's the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. It's a 40 minute drive to WM so I'm not sure who my "local" station would be!:D (Most of our news comes out of West Virginia) I guess I could try contacting them, though.

Hi!!

I am in the mtns of Eastern KY too!

My nearest wal mart is in Hazard.We were there at about 3:15 am on BF.They had plenty of the portable dvd players.I was just there again yeterday evening but I didn't notice if they had anymore.

Have a great day,

Jenn A