Hottest Toy for Xmas 2005?

Care Bears and Cabbage Patch have also made a comeback :D

I'm on the young side (the year of the cabbage patch insanity was the year i was born) , & it's still jarring to me to see things that were big when i was a kid coming back...i keep saying i shouldve kept my my little ponies for my 2 yo neighbor! i guess 20 or so years is the amt of time it takes for things to go away & come back? :g_think:

I'm on the young side (the year of the cabbage patch insanity was the year i was born) , & it's still jarring to me to see things that were big when i was a kid coming back...i keep saying i shouldve kept my my little ponies for my 2 yo neighbor! i guess 20 or so years is the amt of time it takes for things to go away & come back? :g_think:

Oh My, do I feel old now LOL :blush: I was only 6 or 7 when there was the insanity over Cabbage Patch Kids the first time, so it's not too bad :giggle:

Guest all2tired
Got my daughter Amazing Amanda and it cost me $79. It was on sale at TRU for 89 then I had the $10 gift card making my balance $79 then I got another gift card because it was over $75

My most exciting purchase was my son's dirt bike. I have been looking into buying him one & Pep Boys had the cheapest beginner's bike that I could find. I went up there on BF to just look at it & it was $100 off from 7am-11am. It was 11:03am so I snatched the ticket & ran to the cashier. You ought to see me stuffing a little 50cc bike into my Toyota Camry!!!

Guest all2tired
Nope, I wasn't checking the hot deals and coupon sections of the forums then. I was mainly in the gotta talk lounge. Wish I had it then but it's too late now

I read that the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn house is supposed to be popular for the babies this year. It got very high marks in the reviews. Almost every store has them for $59.95, but Meijers wants $99.95!!!! Robbery!!! I wonder what the person who priced it at Meijers was thinking (or smoking)???

Wasnt that in 1981? Cuz thats when I was born! lol

I read that the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn house is supposed to be popular for the babies this year. It got very high marks in the reviews. Almost every store has them for $59.95, but Meijers wants $99.95!!!! Robbery!!! I wonder what the person who priced it at Meijers was thinking (or smoking)???

Holy cow! I wanted one for DS, but I wasnt going to pay 50.00 for something he would outgrow fast. No way would I pay 100.00!

The FP Laugh and Learn house is amazing! My youngest, who is seventeen months, LOVES it! He's had it for about six months now and it's the one thing he plays with for hours each day. He loves opening and closing the big door, playing the "radio", ringing the door bell, and opening and closing the windows. I'm sure it's something he will play with for at least another year or so. I was hesitant to buy it, but am so glad I did! It is definitely well worth the $60. I can't believe one store is trying to sell it for $100, though! That's nuts!